Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Keep those babies rolling - raawwwhhhhiiiidddde!! Spoken in a sing-songy voice simply because I am THAT happy! Addison is now joining the rollers club - surely there is an exclusive club right? If not, I'll gladly organize one for my little Addibell.

For the past few months, I anxiously awaited for Addison to embark on her rolling adventures. As recently as last month, she did it a couple times for us, just to prove she could if/when she wanted to. So I knew she had the ability. I was just waiting for her to accept it as a means of transportation. Most everyone I knew reassured me she'd take it up eventually and every baby was different. I learned not to get obsessed over it but I must say I just get so excited when she learns something. I guess that officially classifies me as a "Proud Mama"!! (Don't even get me started on how excited I still get watching her take big bites of baby food - and she learned that a couple months ago!)

Not only can Addison do the simple roll of tummy to back - but she picked up the more difficult one of back-to-tummy as well. I guess she's making up for lost time and proving to me that she knows what she's doing. Today even, as I wrapped Christmas presents, she rolled over consecutively until she ran into the coffee table. No telling how far she would have gone had she not been obstructed. I knew she had it figured out this morning when I laid her on her back after breakfast, went to the bathroom, and came back to her on her tummy - Yayyy! She is getting quite talented at grabbing at the toys too which makes a nice break for me. No more picking up and handing her everything she drops - she has mastered the ability to do it herself. She's such a cutie when she does it. John and I start applauding and shouting while she just stares at us and acts like "Uh what's the big deal?"

And it doesn't stop there! Last week we decided to forgo the swaddle wrap at bedtime. She's used it since birth - even upgraded to a larger swaddle - so needless to say she likes it. Welp, the first night swaddle-free, she has passed with flying colors. She did great for a few nights in a row even. However, since she's had the sickies and wakes up coughing at night we decided not to torment her too much and gave the swaddle back. We are anxious to try it again once she gets to feeling better. Yay Addison! Such a big girl and growing up soooo fast! Mommy & Daddy are proud of you!

2 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

Hooray!! The first baby steps- or rolls are the best! Baylee still won't do back to front- she won't let herself.... see I'm still anxiously waiting on daughter #4.. I didn't know you had a calling in primary- I have been wondering why you weren't in RS so our babies could sit and play. She is a doll- and I LOVE the story of her teaching her Daddy how much fun/ hard it is to take care of these little babis!!

Colton Anne said...

Cora was swaddled until probably right before she turned 2....she just liked it better. She would request it! She's fine now with just a blanket on her and no swaddling, but I love that my baby was still a baby for a while anyway!