Monday, April 14, 2008

Catching up...

Well after looking through our pictures, I've realized I've neglected to blog about a few momentous occasions and other fun stuff we've been doing. So this is a miscellaneous blog to do just that.

Some of you may be aware, John and I were temporary puppy parents for two weeks and as much as we adored the pups we sadly had to send them on to better homes than our own. It's a long story that I'd rather not dredge up on the blog simply because it's embarassing and most of you already received the play-by-play in person. Lets simply say that we were two 30+ year old adults who got caught up in the moment and made a few impulse decisions that were realized after the fact. I joked with John that we need to perfect this before we actually have kids who get caught up in the moment. We must learn to be adults! A few things we learned in the puppy debacle...


  • One must avoid purchasing "litter-mates" (in our case a brother and sister) simply because they begin to respect and bond to each other instead of the owner and thus are terrible to train.
  • If you have only one dog, they must be included in every facet of your human existence in order to receive the amount of attention they need and desire. (Something John and I definitely weren't willing to do).
  • Do your research BEFORE not after purchasing cute little adorable squeezy puppies.
Anyway, here are a few pictures of the cute little pups. They went on to good homes and we get updates on how they are doing. We miss them but definitely don't miss the poop and hyperactivity. The girl pup is Shadow and the boy pup was named Panzer. We had them long enough to purchase, immunize, feed, and build a dog house for them. Money lost due to the tuition of us learning a life lesson. They are adorable though aren't they?














And here are some other random pics of John and I. The first few are of John and I perfecting our shooting skills while down in Willard visiting my Mom. John looks a bit more experienced than I. No worries, I wasn't going postal...I was in shocking pain from the kick of the shotgun. The next picture is when we went down to Springdale and went ice skating. This is John showing off his skills. We were very sore after a short 45 minutes.















And lastly, this is on our way to the ice skating I believe. Don't we look excited?

4 comments:

Tamara said...

akward.....i didn't even KNOW you HAD a blog...and my name is found under the cool people to the right! talk about wierdness!!! i like it, i love it....please!!! ha ha

when you comin back so we can get some grub together, babe?

Sheri said...

*laughing about the puppies*
Shannon, I love your blog.

Love,
Sheri

Josie said...

cuuuute pups. looks like you guys are having fun.

You know what's more fun? Coming to visit your little sister on the California coast. You know what's more fun than that? All the cool things to do that are surrounding your little sister geographically.

Josie

PS My blog is www.diaperdave.blogspot.com. DO NOT confuse that with diaperdave.com as horrible results will occur.

Heath & Ege said...

Hey girl! Wow, I'm glad I read you blog about the pups! My hubby wants a dog so bad..which he has had one before and took care of very well..but we don't have a back yard..and they aren't stayin in my house!! I'm not a fan of dog hair EVERYWHERE. So I said not until we have a yard..Maybe have a baby before getting a pup next time. :) haha..jk..how are things going? Looks like you are havin some fun!