Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Eat Because I'm Faht and I'm Faht Because I Eat!


I'm sure this quote came from a movie - but like most movie quotes it definitely pertains to my current lifestyle. John and I say it all the time then we laugh then we get depressed and cry.  Okay maybe I'm kidding on the crying part - but that's where the kidding stops.  When we were dating and "skipping through the daisies" in love, we both were very good about working out and actually both made a TON of progress toward our goal weight.  Swearing all the way that we would NOT be "that couple" that gains all their weight back after they marry.  Sad to say, we are they.  

Well not entirely so - neither of us crept back up to our original weight - but let's just say we aren't far away.  So, enough of the talk: The diet will start tomorrow - let's pig out tonight and prepare for it!!  None of this being weak for each other.  None of this laying around stuffing our face at 11:00 at night in front of the TV.  I'm a new woman - er I will be one starting tomorrow (hehe).  

So what have I done to get started?  I've decided to resume my nightly "running is fun-see!!" mindset and also begin the online weight-watchers.  After all, one must learn to control their points (er calories) for the rest of their life eh?  So why not start now.  Nothing worth it is ever easy.  (Yes, I'm in the motivational quotes part of the diet plan right now-just bear with me).  

Thankfully, John has helped me resist the urge to "pig out tonight" in preparation for my sabbatical from food tomorrow.  It's not fun - I can tell this even early on.  Putting it simply - eating is fun - I enjoy it - I've pretty much revolved my life around food.  This isn't normal folks - and I wanna be normal!!  

So, tell me how you do it - what are your tips, techniques, etc.  Come one and come all - help me on this quest!!  I'll be using the blog as a measurement of where I am and how far away I have to go.  No, don't get excited, I won't be stating any actual #'s or numbers on here.  I love ya but not enough to tell you how much I weigh.  I'll just let you know how many pounds I lose - every once in awhile.  Don't worry - my blog won't turn into a replica of the weight watcher's blog - but since it's all about me - and this is the new me - I'll talk about it every once in a while.

Not only am I ready to be thin(ner) but our other motivation is Hawaii this January for our one-year anniversary.  After all, who wants to vacation in Hawaii and be mistaken for a beached whale?  Not me!!

Today is the start of a brand-new me.  Sniff sniff - I'll sure miss the yummy food. :(

8 comments:

Melinda said...

I totally understand the pain. I went to the gym 5 days a week in Missouri. Now, none of my clothes fit (one pair of pants...) and I can't very easily go to a gym. Food tastes too good. Sam and I did go on a one month treat fast. That is actually pretty good, but you can't go crazy when the month is over or you kill the whole thing. (We did eat treats at other people's houses, just not our own:) )

Josie said...

yay nay nay.

Bart and I just had this conversation just a few days ago too. Getting rid of all the junk and buying lots of fresh foods and only lean meats.

I'm a chocoholic so when I'm having a craving I'll have to go for cocoa krispies instead of a 9x13 pan of brownies...haha

Robbie and Shay said...

Good luck Shannon! You've somewhat motivated my "lose the baby weight agenda (only 15 months after his birth)"! I haven't quite begun yet - but I've sure been thinking about it! You gotta start somewhere right!

What's up with the Walkers! said...

Way to go girl! Right here with you sister, we'll have to keep each other motivated because its only day 2 and I miss my food so much.

Lisa R said...

Food equals happiness! It sounds to me that your very relationship is doing well! That is good that your getting in good habits though!

Deleen said...

Um, thanks. "Who wants to go to Hawaii and look like a beached whale." How about me? I leave for Hawaii tomorrow and I very much resemble a whale starting my sixth month of pregnancy.

Unknown said...

Just do this -- figure out what you would normally eat or serve up as a portion size then just reduce it by 1/2 - eating less + moving more = WEIGHT LOSS and don't look at it as diet think of it as lifestyle - fight the small battles and the larger one will be victory! YOU CAN DOOOOOOO IT!

Colton Anne said...

I would say that Nick and I are trying to better ourselves too...yes I'm about to say what you never thought you'd hear...Nick is running on a regular basis!! He does get credit towards prizes at work, but hey...if it gets us both up and getting healthier...I'm all for it! My suggestion would be that at night if you are having cravings..first drink water as most of the time you are just thirsty and not hungry, then if you are still hungry and absolutely have to have a snack, eat something healthy like fruits or veggies so that it's not too bad! Good luck! :)