Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Story Time

A few days ago, I decided to take advantage of our "hang-out time" and read Addison her first bedtime story. It was a lot of fun to watch her while I read to her, even though I doubt she really knew what was going on. Judging by the picture though, she looks quite interested. This book was one of my favorites I bought a LONG time ago - knowing that I'd want it in my collection when I had kids. For those who know it, it's called "You're Special" by Max Lucado and the story parallels how God views us as his children. If you haven't heard of it I highly recommend it.

Thanks to many many garage sales (and Aunt Michelle) we have LOTS of books awaiting our future story times. I can hardly wait! I love reading to kids and especially love when they read to me.

8 comments:

Colton Anne said...

Too cute!

Jamison Family said...

I love this picture. You two look very happy together. I totally think she knows what is going on. Especially if you are reading something about Heavenly Father or Jesus - our kids have recognized a picture of Jesus before a picture of us - THEY JUST KNOW!

Sarah said...

love it.

Josie said...

so cute

Melinda said...

So, so cute.

Jenny said...

Very cute, I love that bebeh! And way to go on the reading, keep it up!

Dana said...

I love that book! I use to read it to my preschoolers. I need to get it and read it to Brady. Its fun to do those type of "first". And she looks very interested, keep up the reading mama!

Nicole said...

Awwww.... that's so sweet.