Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Hunting


I must confess...about this time last year, when Addison was merely the size of a little nugget in my stomach, I sat and dreamed about the day we'd get to take her to the Pumpkin Patch and get her her very own pumpkin. Yes, I did know it would be the following year, and I did realize she'd have little idea as to what was actually going on, but we would still do it regardless! And boy did we!

We went to McGarrah's Pumpkin Patch in Pea Ridge, AR this last Saturday and finally I got to "Live the Dream!" It was the perfect day, sunny and cool. We even came at the right time since we avoided the rush of people that came just as we were leaving. It felt like it was all put together just for little ole us....they must have caught a glimpse of my dreams the year before! I think we were the only couple there with a 4 month old. Even the lady that took our picture was impressed since her son was 4 years old and it was his first time at a patch too!

Honestly I didn't think Addison would have any interest in our activity but would just humor us and go along with her mommy's crazy ideas. However....she LOVED it! Well technically she didn't "tell me" she loved it but I could read it through the smile on her face. It was nearing her nap time so I didn't know how long she'd hold out but she was excited to be there and was happy just as long as the Daddy kept up on the pulling of the wagon. A couple of times we stopped so we could pick our pumpkins and within minutes Addibell would grunt and fuss until we stopped everything we were doing and got her wagon moving again. And here we thought it was a little too bumpy for her - not at all - she wanted more of it!

Proof that Addison was having a blast in her big old wagon!

We had a great time and were happy with our selection of our little pumpkin family. A Daddy pumpkin, a Mommy pumpkin, and a Addibell pumpkin. Granted both the Mommy & Daddy had to trudge through deep sinking mud to reach just the perfect pumpkin but it was all worth it in the end. Especially the part where John just video taped me instead of helping me out when I got stuck in the mud. :(

Here is where she spent most of her time while we went trudging through
mud to find the perfect pumpkins.


The pumpkins are so much prettier than the nasty ones you dig through at Walmart. How many years did I wait to have a kid just so I could justify going to a pumpkin patch? Not sure what convinced me they'd kick me out if I went to a pumpkin patch before having a family but it was definitely more fun on our first time with them.

Addison on top of a big pumpkin cheesing it up - so fun!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Serisoily Shannon, Addie make sme want another baby! She is sooo cute! I don't say that too often either-I promise, holy cow she is beautiful! I am glad you had so much fun, and I can't believe how big she has gotten already-you look great by the way!

Sarah said...

I looooove her smile....too cute! I must get over for another photo shoot. BTW- where is the video footage of being stuck in the mud? Hook us up!!!

Peanut said...

what a great day for the farm. beautiful weather! where is this one located?