Thursday, October 15, 2009

4 Months Old



I'm trying to make it a point to capture a picture of Addison at every month milestone. However, time got away from me and I'm a bit delayed on this month. Technically these pictures were taken when she was 4 1/2 months but better late than never right?

She's growing into such a big girl. It's still weird to think how tiny she was only 4 months ago. I love this stage though because it's so fun to interact with her and see her cute personality. She is still such an easy going baby. I've been schooled yet again in trying to predict when she'll have a fit etc. Case in point: She has slept in her swing every night since birth. She has slept sooo well in her swing - through the night 8-10 hours at once - without ever missing a beat! Obviously I knew she'd need to switch to her crib down the road but kept putting it off because I wasn't ready for what I thought would be a battle of wills. Well that and for the fact she's had some bad allergies and has to sleep elevated so she can breathe better. Well fast forward to just about 3 weeks ago when we FINALLY made the transition to the crib. I was predicting all sorts of retaliation and gearing up for my determination in fighting it off. Well once again, she proves me wrong! Literally overnight, she sleeps perfectly in her crib without even waking. I thought for sure she'd miss the constant motion or not like laying straight on her back in a room all by herself. WRONG! She is so laid back and just goes with the flow. Just when I think I can pull a fast one on her she pulls it on me instead! I am now going to keep my mouth shut on my "predictions" for ever and ever amen. So let it be written, so let it be done. We have an angel baby.

I'll post her stats from her 4 month check-up below but I also wanted to document what she has learned to do lately. She loves to sit up and look at everything and everyone. She doesn't like to lie down because she's convinced she's missing something. She plays well by herself on a blanket and has learned to grab, shake, slobber, on her toys. I even got a video of her shaking her booty while shaking her rattle - adorable. She loves to talk - mostly when she thinks she's by herself. Probably feels the urge to entertain herself because she can babble for quite awhile. She speaks soft sometimes, stern sometimes, and even sings sometimes. I can't quite understand what she says but it's funny just watching her facial features as she looks like she has quite a lot to get off her chest. She still doesn't like tummy time but is getting better at it and can last longer amounts of time. She still isn't interested in rolling over and I'm trying not to stress over it. She'll get it eventually I'm sure. She loves to laugh with and without being tickled. However, once you do something and get a laugh, she has a set amount of laughs to give you before she's done. No matter what lengths you go to - if she has ran out of laughs - it's not going to happen. She is learning to eat rice cereal and Mommy and her are both learning patience through this. I'm convinced she gets more coming out than going down and sometimes it takes us quite awhile to finish only one tablespoon. I usually have to give her bottle breaks so she can curb her hunger while we try more cereal. Anyway, that is all I can think of for her milestones. Here are her stats:

As of 9/29/09:
Weight - 14 lbs 15.5 oz (80%)
Height - 24" (41%)
Head - 43 cm (93%) (Yep, that's the Hufford noggin!)



2 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

So funny how Addison and Baylee are doing the exact same things- even down to laughing -love it! Baylee is my first baby to like tummy time- my others HATED it! One of mine didn't roll over until almost 6 months- didn't crawl till almost 11 months, didn't walk till almost 15 months. I worried, but she was fine and has some of the highest grades in her class! Don't stress- she's perfect, and will do it when she's ready!

Colton Anne said...

Cora keeps asking..."where's Asdison?" She misses her Addison! She is getting so big! That is a big stat for her head...poor girl I wouldn't want to sit up as much just to rest my head!! :) We miss you and look forward to seeing you over Christmas!