Friday, July 9, 2010

Eat Mor Chikin'

And that we did! Today was the national "Cow Appreciation Day" at Chick-fil-a so Addison and I invited cousin Dave along and partook of the ceremonies. Really the only ceremony is dress up like a cow = get free food. The free food was just a bonus on top of the memories, laughs, and fun we had on top of it all.

Josie was a bit under the weather so Addison and I got to play with Dave all day long. Dave and I worked on the cow costumes while Addison had her morning nap. We dressed him up first and then duplicated our efforts on Addison while I was torn between laughing and admiring how cute she was in her little costume. It was a bit more work juggling two kids but not near as bad since Dave was such a pleasant side kick the whole day.

Here we are departing for Chick-fil-a in our bovine attire. Notice the little princess hand off to the side? Hahaha...too funny. And nope, there is not a picture of me. I was boring and went in regular clothes and paid for my food. Maybe next year I'll join in all the fun w/everyone.


Here we are in the car headed over to snag some free chicken! Look at those smiling faces! Hahaha....I believe Dave was ignoring me on purpose here. ;-)

Once we arrived at the restaurant, it didn't take long to realize 90% of Bentonville was there as well. I was partially expecting a large crowd but after combing the lot for a parking space, we "chickened out" (pun intended) and went through the drive-thru and headed on to the park to enjoy our spoils. I simply drove up to the window, rolled down the back window and said "There are my cows!" Haha....I must say it was soooo entertaining watching young and old alike, tromping around the restaurant fully decked out. It's such a cute idea and great marketing tool for Chick-fil-a to think of. While I'm on my soap box, I must say that I am a HUGE fan of Chick-fil-a. They always have hot food (and I'm very particular on this one), great customer service, and friendly staff. No matter the day, they are always offering help, bringing refills, and saying "my pleasure". Don't get me wrong, I happen to love chicken too but I always walk away pleased after eating there. They are one of the last remaining establishments that still practice (and succeed) at customer service. They could really teach McDonald's a few lessons that's for sure!




Playing at the park - minus a few spots since she chose to remove them as we drove. So much for my perfect plan. Oh well, she's still just as cute!

2 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I love their little cow costumes! That is such a great idea.
I have to admit that I have never eaten there before (except once in the Atlanta airport, but I don't count that because it wasn't that great) I guess now I'll have to give it a try!

Amber Marie Smith-Pikey said...

that has to be the cutest thing i have ever seen! you're such a fun mommy!