Friday, July 9, 2010

Grandma Squared

Addison and I took a last minute trip earlier this week to hang out w/Grandma Bell (my Mom). It was a quick trip since we only stayed for a couple of days. It's one of the advantages to having Grandma only two hours away. We didn't have any specific reason to go besides just to play with Grandma, checkout her bathroom addition, eat cashew chicken, and sit and veg. Plus we hadn't been to Grandma's house since Christmas. I guess our trip was long overdue.

It didn't take long for Addison to hit it off (once again) w/Grandma. I'm always trying to convince my mom to let me hire her as my assistant. She's always so good about doing everything w/Addison (and all her grand-babies) including feeding them, getting them in/out of carseats, changing diapers, bathing, dressing them, and playing with them. It gives me such a nice break - I think I need to visit more often!

We arrived Tuesday evening and went on a nice walk and played a bit. Addison loved checking out Grandma's toys and exploring. The next morning we met up w/Grandma for lunch and ate at the Purple Burrito (interesting place, but good). And of course we couldn't leave for home until Addison got all her wiggles out at Grandma's work. Luckily she works at the Stake Center so we threw balls and chased each other around in circles (Grandma included). Addison didn't know quite what to think of the huge gym and the strange echo sound she heard when she'd practice her yelling (yes a newfound trait I'm still learning to fall in love with). Before we knew it we were headed for home and had to leave Grandma #1 behind. Thanks for all the fun Grandma!

Next stop on our way home....Grandma #2 (my grandma). Since she's right on our way home I'm trying to make more of an effort to take the small detour and visit her more often. We couldn't stay for long but Addison loved playing with her as well. She always has a thing for people with gray hair. She's used to them always ooohing and coohing over her everywhere we go so I guess Grandma Weekes wasn't any different.

It was a short visit but a great one. Addison did GREAT on the drive there and back. Slept like a charm for the most part and was even an angel at my Mom's house. She always adjusts well to different environments. I'm so grateful I have such an easy going, happy baby.


Addison w/Grandma Bell. I missed her "happy smile" b/c of my stinkin' camera and the delayed flash. :(

Testing out Grandma's chair at her work.
Going crazy in the gym. I'm starting to give up on hope of taking pictures while she holds still. It just doesn't happen anymore.

And last but not least, visiting Grandma Weekes. See what I mean about her holding still? Out of seven pictures, this was the best one.

0 comments: