Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Long Overdue

The title of this post is fitting on sooooo many levels....least of which is because this BIG event in my life happened awhile back. But MOST of which is because I finally get to G-L-O-A-T (or continue doing so ;-).

About a month ago our good friend Jenny came for a visit from Texas. We always like when she visits. It gives us an excuse to travel the 3 mile distance to visit Brad & Dana, (Jenny is Brad's sister), sit around and do nothing, and stuff our face with a potluck of sorts from the local gas station.

Needless to say, due to my expanding waist line, over the past few years we've had many evenings like this. Of course along with stuffing our face comes playing a few games like Scattergories, The Great Dalmuti, and of course my new fav - FARKLE!! As weird as the name sounds it is totally down my alley. 6 dice. 1 cup. and 90% luck. Why is Farkle my favorite you ask? Well your honor, please see
Exhibit A:


EXHIBIT A:

That's right - read 'em and weep. Here, you will see a total of THREE rounds played on this score sheet and upon further examination you'll find that I was the winner of all three! I believe this lucky streak even extended over two days.

You must know - over YEARS of game playing with this crowd - I've either lost or placed "2nd to last" every. single. time. It's kind of been the running joke. Especially the night where we got down to the wire while playing the Great Dalmuti and with seconds to left I had the cards to quench the win only to have John (yes my beloved husband) steal it away from me with a hand of cards that trumped mine. It was more dramatic in the moment as everyone witnessed my dreams being crushed by my HUSBAND! I can still conjure up some guilt from him by bringing this up - which I do.....often.

Anyway, I had resigned myself to the fact that I just wasn't a "game-player" and by the time I ever caught on to the concept, everyone else was already out of my reach with all their strategery. So needless to say, when I won Farkle THREE times - I did indeed gloat! Along with displaying these score sheets on my fridge and now even resorting to shouting it to all of blog-land. So whomever wishes to de-throne the Farkle Queen - bring it on! :P

2 comments:

Dana said...

Hey I'll have you know I was dead asleep on the table that one night we played so late!!!
Also I have a really funny picture of walking in on you, John, Brad and Jenny all crowded around the laptop watching funny videos on Youtube. We love our times with you, John and Jenny, Brady just asked her to come back and visit us agian for her birthday next week. Poor guy does not realize how far away Dallas is!

Meg + Taylor said...

I love playing Farkle!!! I play it when I get together with my family for the holidays. We'll have to play it sometime :)