Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thoughtful

I just wanted to put up a quick post about how thoughtful Addison can be.  I've noticed it here and there and really feel like I should blog about it and document it.  Sure, she has her lovely three-year old tantrums...quite often actually....but I'm fully expecting that to fade away once she turns four.  However, I highly doubt her thoughtfulness and consideration will ever fade away.  It's just who she is.  And I'm very grateful for that quality in her.

With this pregnancy, like the others before, I've had my bout of gagging.  Honestly, it lasts throughout the whole pregnancy.  Anything that smells foul will have me coughing or gagging.  Usually it's an "unproductive" gag (ifyaknowwhatimean ;) but it's still not fun.  

Apparently, Addison has known this and been aware all along the way.  Most of the time she seems to be the only one who actually seems concerned about me gagging.  Which is more than I can say for Daddy (thank you John! ;).  Anyway, ever since I can remember, she has always gone out of her way to help me not gag, or encourage me along the way.  For awhile lately, we've had to help her wipe her bum when she goes poop on the potty.  Mostly to just ensure it's ALL off.  And just like all of us, that cute little girly can really stink up a bathroom.  However, when she's requesting a wipe she'll politely flush the toilet (while she's sitting on it) so the stinkies are long gone when I arrive.  Or else she'll warn me of the smell before I get there. Or she'll apologize or say something like "it smells stinky in here Mommy, be careful".   It breaks my heart that she's apologizing for it.  I've never once made it a big deal.  I always just hold my breath, do my job, and leave like nothing happened.  She's just a thoughtful little girly.

And she is very helpful when Jonas has a stinky of his own.  When I'm feeling like being lazy, she'll bring me a diaper and wipes and I'll just change the guy on the couch.  She'll promptly take the stinky diaper (usually before I can gag) and haul it off to the diaper pail.  While changing his diaper today she even said "Don't frow up Mommy, just try your hardest!"  It's hilarious and adorable and sweet all at the same time.  She's such a thoughtful girl for only being three years old.  

Sometimes when the days of being a stay-at-home Mommy seem long or unglamorous, I wonder if/when my children will ever be aware of all that I sacrifice for them.  In the moment, I try to convince myself it will be YEARS down the road before they actually "get it".  However, after typing this post, I realize that I have a sweet little three year old girl that does understand and appreciate my efforts.  How lucky am I?

1 comments:

Jean Fields said...

Little Addison promises to be a wonderful mommy someday just like her own mommy! She couldn't have a better example! Love you Addi and Shannon.