Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Babbling Boy


Somewhere in the midst of all these family changes this little guy learned words....as in ACTUAL words!  It's weird how quickly they just appeared into his vocabulary.  It's amazing that I can finally understand some of what he has to say.  And I guess it's good he's still holding on to the jibber jabber too because it can be cute sometimes.  Not so much in the times where he and I are both struggling to figure each other out - but the other times it's adorable.  I love driving down the road and listen to him jabbering away simply because Addison has gabbed for the last 15 minutes and now he feels like he needs to chime in with his thoughts...whatever they are.  

He's such a cute guy and I feel like everytime I post about him it's about the messes he's making or the frustration he's giving me.  While those times do exist (still to this day) I do so love this boy.  He can melt me within seconds and can quickly wipe away any frustration I have within minutes.  He has that charm and smile that works like magic....and he knows his powers.  Lucky for him and I eh?  He's a Mama's boy and I love it.  He is all boy but still needs to stop for an occasional 'Mommy snuggle.'  He's still struggling (as am I) with how to be creative with these snuggles now that Brooklyn spends so much time in my arms.  He tries his hardest to listen and obey and when he does it successfully we have nothing short of a five ring circus of celebration in this house.  I'm hoping the more we get excited the more it will encourage him to listen.  

I'm realizing he understands WAY more than I give him credit for.  John came home from work one evening and Jonas was not listening very good so Daddy put him in time out.  Prior to this I thought the only time out he could do was me holding his hands while he sat on my lap.  I was convinced he wouldn't sit still in time-out.  Much to my surprise, that little guy sat there against the wall until it was time to get up.  Daddy did have to remind him a few times but he knew full well what was being said and that this was definitely the time to obey it.  That little stinker - I had just assumed he wasn't old enough to understand all these things.  Hmmm....time to quit taking it soft on the guy.


Of course, he does do good, for the most part, when we are out and about.  After having three kids, I mentally went through different scenarios of how exactly I'd get them in and out of the vehicle when I was by myself.  Addison was an easy solution - she is my rule follower.  Jonas is the one I had fears of darting into traffic the minute I turned my head.  Well, once again this guy has surprised me.  I went from having Addison stand there and hold his hand while I got Brooklyn out, to now having him able to stand and stay still while I get Brooklyn.  Granted I have to keep repeating every 30 seconds "Jonas, don't move - stay" but the little guy does it.  Sometimes he makes me feel like I have a little dog instead of a boy.  He loves to get into and spread the trash around and I frequently have to tell him to "stay" and he enjoys eating whatever crumbs he finds on the floor.  At least he's a cute little doggie - I'd much rather have him than a real dog.


We are so grateful for our Jonas and love seeing his personality grow more and his sense of humor come out more.  He's a funny kid and he loves to make us laugh.  He's very mellow and very curious and you can tell he really tries his hardest to be obedient.  It's just sometimes his need of curiosity overcomes his obedience.  You'd think this was his birthday post but nope it's just a "We love our Jonas" post.  We can't wait to celebrate his two years of life in a few weeks though!  What would we do without this little guy?  So glad we don't have to find out.

0 comments: