Monday, July 1, 2013

Our Growing Family

It's official!  Little Miss Brooklyn Nicole finally joined our family on July 1, 2013.  It was so hard to imagine another little family member before she came but now that she's here it's hard to imagine life before her.  I think I marvel at that concept each time I have a kid.  Such a surreal time in life that I have to pinch myself a lot just to make sure.


Brooklyn Nicole Hufford: 8lbs 3 oz and 21 inches long.
Brooklyn actually got to come a week earlier (unlike her siblings) but that was by choice, not because of any emergency situations.  Although, her induction day did prove to have some interesting bumps along the way.  (Which you will read about in the following post).  All bumps considered, led to a wonderful birth experience and everything happening in just the order it was supposed to.  We couldn't be happier with little Miss Brooklyn.  Her brother and sister adore her (especially her older sister) and Daddy and I are quite fond of her too.  She's by far the easiest baby yet in my opinion.  Not that any of my kids were particularly "difficult" but this time around we, as parents, are MUCH more relaxed and I'm definitely less anxious and uptight.  Plus she nurses MUCH better and I'm finally getting into a groove with it all too.  If anything, it's her older siblings that give me a run for my money (mostly Jonas and his explorations).  

We are very excited to take part in watching Brooklyn grow and getting to know her little personality even more.  It's pretty amazing for me, two weeks post delivery, to actually think maybe we could have another one in a couple of years!  How can you stop when they come out looking soooo cute?  Plus, we have great kiddos and they are sooo good (for the most part).

Welcome to the family Brooklyn Nicole - we are so excited for you to join us!

1 comments:

Jean Fields said...

I love you Brooklyn Nicole!!! So grateful you have safely arrived.