Thursday, August 22, 2013

Daddy's B-day

August is a busy month for us but we always like to block out some time and spend it celebrating this guy....

Daddy!!

He is quite a special Daddy and Husband and we are lucky to have him.  Why is he special you ask?  Just let me tell you.

A Great Dad:  He works so hard for our family and provides for us so Mommy can spend her days at home with the kiddos.  He has such a special relationship with each child and it's so fun to see them interact together.  He loves his kids and will do anything for them....including always trying his hardest to be a better Daddy than he was the day before.  He's always quick to change when he sees something in his own behavior that he doesn't like.  He plays with the kids all the time, especially after a long day at work, he's always quick to get on the ground and wrestle with Addison & Jonas.  He even makes it a point to take time and spend it with just Brooklyn since she can't quite join in on the wrestling matches. He plays Candy Land with Addison and she loves him for it.  He gives the best snuggles.





A Great Husband:  He is my best friend.  He continually shows me the importance of our marriage and our friendship.  I could hang out with him any day of the week.  He can make me laugh with his witty sense of humor.  He gives the best cuddles.  He is always glad to give me some time to myself whether it's going out with my friends, or by myself, or just taking a bath in a locked room.  He shows our kids how much he loves me.  He accepts me and loves me no matter what I look like.  He works hard to support us so I can live my dream of staying home with our kids.  He is always thinking of me and what I need.  He listens to me.  He helps out around the house and with the kiddos without being asked.

Honestly, I could go on and on about why John is such a great Dad and Husband but I need to save some room to give the details of his birthday celebration.

Daddy's birthday was a little busy this year.  We were lucky enough to get to go out for breakfast with him to Ihop on his big day before he had to go to work.  We were going to meet him for lunch but the poor guy had to play golf later that afternoon with some customers at work.  Poor thing ;)  And later that night we were planning on heading up to KC for some weekend festivities with my family so our birthday celebration time was cut short so we could hit the road.  

He's never been a big fan of cake and ice cream (at least the cake part) so we surprised him this time with his very own Creme Brûlée.  He LOVES this stuff and luckily we have a yummy place around here that I can get it from until I learn to make it myself.  He was quite pleased with the little treat.  Then we got to move on to the presents.  Addison and Jonas each got to give him the tie that they picked out for him, we got him a shirt and some nice workout shorts, and some earphones for his iPhone (since I think Jonas has devoured all our other ones) and we also got him a Ear, Nose, and Beard trimmer.  Yes, random but he requested that out of everything we got him.  And yes, he REALLY likes it.  So needless to say he was happy with his bounty.  Mommy even gave him a "Dalmuti Date Night" with some friends.  It's one of his favorite things to do...eat smoked pork, and hang out with close friends, and play one of our favorite games.  

I hope he never forgets just how much we appreciate and love him.  And I hope we will always show him and remind him for years to come.  We are lucky to call him ours.

Happy Birthday Daddy!

0 comments: