Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sinking In

Now that we've survived our first month as a family of five I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of things.   Don't get me wrong, life is still crazy busy, but I think the insanity is at least somewhat structured and calming down a bit.

I've never had a good history of being sane during the early days of newborn-ness.  My babies have ALWAYS been easy but I've been a bit of a basket case.  Call it hormones, anxiety, or trying to figure out our new normal - but I'm usually all over the place.  Luckily this time around it seems to have settled down a little earlier than it did with Addison and Jonas.  We still had our chaos but I'm finally figuring out that no matter what happens I can keep a baby alive (after all, I've done it twice successfully).  I've also witnessed that as each day passes it gets a little bit easier.   So, in the moments of crazy I just keep telling myself this little saying.  I'm also a little less hung up on sleep than I was before.  Maybe I'm more mature about the whole process?  Don't get me wrong, we still have some sleepless nights around here and a lot of trying to figure each other out (Brooklyn and I) but each day that I'm exhausted I just tell myself that I'll make up the sleep somewhere down the road.  Am I the only one that has conversations with myself?  Also, am I the only one that does a head count each time I'm leaving in the car - just to make sure we have all three kids?  Either way it's nice to know that I can coach myself through the crazy times and learn to enjoy the happy times more.  It's been such a fun time enjoying and getting to know Brooklyn and just basking in the life that is three kids.  

I'm a very grateful Mommy.  I'm lucky to get to call these cute kiddos mine.











0 comments: