Monday, December 30, 2013

A Day In The Life

A post dedicated to all those crazy, silly, funny moments that happened throughout the last month and dumped into one.....for your viewing pleasure!  Enjoy...



Jonas and Brooklyn hanging out.  I took this picture to reassure my younger sister (who is having her first boy) that while boys can be rambunctious, they can be just as sweet as ever to their baby siblings.  I'm hoping she believes me.  This boy loves his little sister and is ALWAYS soooo gentle with her.  Now, if I could teach him to treat our furniture (and his head) with the same softness.
We decided to welcome the new Dunkin' Donuts into town and patronized them with our business.  I wasn't very impressed but I think Jonas was a fan of their icing.  Love his smile.
Brooklyn is a ham and I love that she's so happy all the time.  Just looking at her and that smile can totally cheer me up when I'm in a grumpy mood.  
Here is a picture of my baby with her baby.  Santa was generous enough to bring her her first baby doll for Christmas.  I think she's  fan.  Mostly of chewing it and slobbering on it but those are all good qualities of being a good Mommy! ;)
This was John's Christmas present I bought him this year.  I spent a LOT of time searching Craigslist and checking out console radios before I found this beauty in a trailer home on the border of Arkansas and Oklahoma.  It was a bit of an adventure getting out there and buying it but it was all worth it when Christmas morning came around.  I spent a good amount of time convincing myself he wouldn't like it.  Luckily, I was wrong.  He loved it!  It was so much fun giving it to him.  Now, if only we can fix the minor little issues it has and use it often.  Granted, we will have to find a way to secure it from 'Wreck It Ralph' (aka Jonas).  

Daddy spent a LOT of time over Christmas Break (and snow days) building forts with the kids.  I love that he loves doing these kind of things.  It makes so many fun memories for them and it gives me some quiet time while they hide in it and play in there too.  He gave them quite the hook-up with the iPad as well.  He's such a fun Daddy.  We are all lucky.  I was convinced by the end of the break that they would beg him to stay home and for me to go back to work.  ;)

0 comments: