Sunday, December 1, 2013

5 Months Old

Poor Brooklyn.  She's already suffering the effects of "Third child syndrome".  With my first two, I was dressing them up and posing them each month they got older.  I'd have my own little mini photo session in the house just to document their new age and developments.  Now, I consider myself lucky to remember to take a candid photo of Brooklyn as she is turning older.  I just love seeing a month-by-month growth in their first year since they seem to change so much from one month to the next.  At least I'm still documenting some type of photo right?  After all, I think I love the candid shots better anyway.  The majority of those are happy and smiling pictures.  Usually by the time I propped up and dressed Addison and Jonas they were done with it and ticked off in most of the pictures.  Having said that....

Happy 5 months old Brooklyn!  We've been lucky enough to enjoy your sweet personality for five whole months!  And may I say...we've loved the journey!  Your journey seems to be so easy.  You spend most of your time happy and bubbly and jabbery and are rarely ever fussy.  You do like your food and you do like your sleep so when those two needs are met you are quite the charmer.  You are sleeping so well....although the night long sleeps are happening itermittenly.  However, I can't complain since really all you seem to wake up for at night is either a binky or a bottle and then you quickly go right back to sleep.  Thank you for letting Mommy get her sleep.  I appreciate it.  

You haven't really mastered much yet besides growing into a chunky monkey (which you are doing quite well at).  You've yet to roll over, or sit up, or get any teeth.  Since you are my third child I'm actually pretty okay with it.  After all, Jonas didn't crawl until he was 11 months old!  You have plenty of time!  

You are also my longest nurser!  I'm amazed we are still going so well and have yet to have any complications like I did with the first two.  You've made me accept and appreciate the process a little bit more than I did before which is huge!  I love knowing that I can keep a baby growing and fed and even add some little layers of fat to those bones.  

You jabber at us quite a bit and we love it.  One day we will understand what those words are.  In the meantime we just like to jabber back and watch you smile and cheese at us.  We pinch ourselves every day for the opportunity we have to have you in our family.  We all adore you and just love to get down and play with you on the floor....even Jonas is a softy when he's around you.  Addison does quite the performance just to entertain you.  She is easily the one that can get you belly laughing more than anyone else can.  I think you two will be the best of friends if you aren't already.

You truly are a joy and we can't wait to watch you grow up.  You are developing quite the spunky and bubbly little personality and you seem to be a bit of a daredevil (like your siblings) since you just laugh and laugh when Daddy tosses you in the air.  

Our poor little Brooklyn managed to catch the stomach bug that we all had a turn with.  Here she is cuddling with Mommy while we are both hoping it passes soon.  It's never fun to see a baby her size spit/vomit up so much milk.
I consider myself lucky when I get the chance to cuddle up next to this sleeping cutie.  
And of course a full body shot of our little 5 month older.  Her siblings adore her if you couldn't tell. 
You are finally big enough for the exersaucer!  You spend a lot of time hanging out in this while Mommy wrangles your brother and sister.
Jonas and Brooklyn get lots of quality time together while Addison is at preschool.  For such a rough and tough little boy he sure turns into a softy when its time to hang out with Brooklyn.  I love it.
Probably one of my favorites pictures ever.  Your adoring sister and you matching and cheesing for the camera.  So glad I have such cute little girlys.
I can't help but laugh or smile anytime I make eye contact with you.  You are always happy and seem to chase away my grumpies so quickly.
And finally, my baby with her baby.  You have such a cute smile...especially since it's still a gummy one!
We don't have any weight or length measurements this month since you don't go back to the doctor until you are 6 months old.  One look at you can confirm you are a happy, healthy, chunky little baby girl.  

Brooklyn, you've taught me to let go of the anxieties that come with being a parent and just enjoy the moment.  Thank you for all you bring to our family.  Happy Five Months Old!!

0 comments: