Friday, August 22, 2014

Daddy's Birthday Celebration

It's that time of year again where Daddy gets another year older and wiser too.  I always enjoy celebrating his birthday for many reasons.  One of which being that it reminds me he will always be OLDER than me.  Not by much....but still older.

We always enjoy showering this guy in love and gifts and cuddles.  He doesn't ever require much attention on a day-to-day basis so it's pretty easy for him to be overlooked.  He provides so much for our family in so many ways so its only appropriate we get the chance to show him our gratitude every once in awhile.

Helping Daddy blow out his birthday candles.

Apparently, I was a little too busy running the celebration festivities and didn't get much opportunity to document the event with pictures.  I'll choose to spend this time talking about all the amazing things we love about Daddy....

He's always happy.  Really, I would say about 95% of the time he is happy and positive no matter what is going on.  

He loves me.  I'm grateful for this and also grateful that he expresses his love for me so often.  He shows and tells the children how much he loves me and he also tells me when it's just him and I hanging out.  He is always happy to volunteer his feelings toward me and his gratitude for what I contribute to our family.

He loves his kids.  Not only does he tell them frequently but he also shows them.  And this is my favorite.  He's always down on the ground playing with them, wrestling, giving them pony rides, going out in the snow, throwing balls back-and-forth, and of course cuddling.  I love seeing how much they love him in return.  Before I ever met him I always wished and hoped I could find a future Daddy just like him.  I'm so grateful that I picked him and that he was everything I was hoping for way back when.  I'm grateful my kids get relationships with their Dad that I always wanted to have when I was their age.  It was and is always very important to me.

He loves anything and everything.  He does!  He'll eat or try just about any type of food.  He'll also try any type of hobby out there.  He's always open to trying new things.  This makes him very experienced in lots of different areas when it comes to home repair, car repair, or cooking yummy food concoctions.  I love how well-rounded he is and I have this character trait to thank for it.

He loves his family.  Not only immediate family but extended family too.  Both my side and his own.  He accepts and loves and looks past everyone's weaknesses and loves them regardless.  Again, not only does he verbalize it but his actions toward them just reiterates it even more.

He's funny.  He makes all of us laugh with his witty sense-of-humor.  He is great at entertaining the kids and making them giggle and then he can turn around and say something witty and get me belly laughing almost in the same instant.

He is a hard and smart worker.  He loves his job.  Even on the days he doesn't he's always devoted to working and supporting our family and takes that responsibility on happily and accepts his duty.  He is also good about leaving work stuff at work and clearing his mind when he walks through the door at the end of the day to play with us.  He definitely has a lot on his plate at work...pretty much 24/7 but we rarely hear him complain or deal with it at home.  He gives us his undivided attention and we are very grateful.

He is very helpful.  Not only does he do a lot during his day job but he is always willing to step in and help out at home and the responsibilities that need to be done.  I'm grateful that our kids understand that Mommy & Daddy are partners in life and in our home.  Daddies do dishes, Daddies do laundry, Daddies help at home.  And he never complains when dinner isn't made, or laundry isn't washed, or the house is a mess.  

I could go on and on about our wonderful Daddy but there are more posts to be made and I need to leave some of our favorite qualities of him for future posts too!  Needless to say....we are all pretty smitten by this guy.

Happy Birthday Daddy!

0 comments: