Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oh We're Going To The Hookie-Lau


::Insert hula waving hands here::

Welp...it's official! Now I can officially start getting excited. Yesterday we took the plunge and bought our tickets to the Hookie-Lau (also known as Hawaii). Let the starvation diets commence!

We grew tired of "talking" about the dream vacation and decided to finalize the dates/schedules and future fun. Granted the fun isn't scheduled to happen until January 2nd but it's not that far away to keep from holding back the excitement. This is going to be our 1st anniversary celebration (even though our anniversary is on Dec 15th). Who wants to travel during Christmas anyway? Why not start the New Year's right.....in a completely different state!

So, for those who have visited the Hookie-Lau and have recommendations....please share. For those who have not visited...please be jealous. Hahaha. I'll try to remember to bring home a granule of sand for each of you just to show you the love.

3 comments:

Lisa R said...

I am so excited for you guys!! You are going to love it!!!! We went around the same time you guys are going. It's the best time to go b/c the weather is perfect and it's not nearly as crowded. I don't know if you already have a place to stay, if not I cant tell you about the condo we stayed in. It was way cheaper than when we stayed in Waikiki and way nicer I thought. Anyways, I really like Hanuma Bay to snorkle at, and of course the Polonesian cultural center. The show after the luau is so awesome. I am so jealous. You know this was our baby moon, maybe you guys have the same type of thing in mind!

Anonymous said...

You will definately love Hawaii. I would second everything that Lisa suggested-make sure at the PCC you get one of their pineapple or coconut drinks--yummy. It is also close enough to the Laie Temple too. However, they may be closed for remodeling-I can't remember when that is supposed to happen. And since you are a "fan of politics" I would highly recommend the Pearl Harbor Memorial--make sure you ride the boat out to the actual site. You will definately feel the spirit there. We rode mopeds around Honolulu and it was a blast! You will have an amazing time. I would love to go again, maybe someday, in the meantime I will just be "jealous" of you. You will have to share your pictures when you get home! Take care my friend. Amy R.

Nik said...

Which island? I've only been to Oahu and Maui- so if you go to those I have suggestions...otherwise you'll have to tell me a thing or two! Congrats and I hope you have an amazing time!

Oahu- North Shore is awesome and the malls are awesome. Also they have an outdoor market that is pretty amazing

Maui- the seven sacred pools are worth the hike and the volcano is interesting. We rented a car from a local (for like 20 a day) and drove around a different beach everyday. They were all so different. Renting or buying a surf board was fun, too.