Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Big Debut


Well it's official now!  Here is a pic of Baby Hufford at 10 weeks.  Our first ultrasound was today and everything went extremely smooth.  Granted it took me twice as long to figure out where the baby was on the screen.  John actually figured it out before the doctor could show us.  Yes, coincidentally, he was always quick to get those crazy "hidden image" pictures while I would struggle for days and finally give up hope.  Now the skills pay off I suppose.  Be assured though, with his and the doc's help, I was finally able to figure out where the baby was.  For those who are still struggling to make heads or tails of it - the head is on the upper right hand corner and is facing downward toward the bottom of the pic.  Still only 4 centimeters but definitely in there and definitely just one!! :D  The baby was very obedient.  Held still while the photos were taken and then decided to get it's wiggles out afterwards.  It was adorable to see the little hands and feet just moving all over the place.  This pregnancy thing is finally starting to sink in!  Finally, I get to visualize and enjoy something besides just being sick.  

Anyway, consider this an announcement to those who have yet to hear.....and for those who know...yes you can officially spread the word if you'd like.  We look forward to meeting our little one this May 17th!!!


14 comments:

Sheri said...

Sneaky. Sneaky secretive Shannon. That's your new name.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She looks so cute! (I vote it's a girl, in case you were wondering.) How are you feeling? Had much morning sickness?

Shannon said...

Wahooo!!! I am so excited for you guys! This is the best news all day! Congratulations! The sickness does pass and it is all worth it, I promise! Hope everything goes well!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Congrats Shannon!! You're almost done with the sick part at least- well hopefully! It is amazing to see the little tiny baby on the screen- always a sweet moment!

Robbie and Shay said...

Is is wrong that I am completely upset that I didn't know sooner. I scrolled down to see if I'd missed a recent post or something!! Upset-ness turned to excited, happy and so thrilled for you!! Congratulations! Keep us updated with those cute belly pics!!

Sam said...

Hooray, hooray. The sickness goes away for most people (I am not most people...), so I'm sure you are going to feel great soon. The pregnancy part can be a lot of fun, so have a good time! (from Melinda)

Courtney said...

Beautiful, Shannon! How exciting! I can't wait to meet her/him. Congratulations to you both, and hopefully you will start feeling better soon!

Nik said...

Congratulations! Yeah baby! We love you and are sooo excited for you! And you are a waaay better secret keeper than me! ;)

Sarah said...

cant wait for the NEXT ultrasound....when the next announcement will be made....or will that part be a secret? so happy for you guys!

Howe's in Arkansas said...

Are they SURE there's just one?? Just think of all of the extra fun (& diapers, & spitting up, & lack of sleep,...). We're so excited for you guys! Hopefully the sickness part will end soon!

Josie said...

aw. perfectly nugget sized now :)

The LaBrue Crew said...

I'm sooo excited! I'm glad everything went smoothly with the ultrasound...hopefully it continues that way for the rest of the 9 months! It's cool you go to see his/her little hands and feet flailing around...it does make it seem more real! I'm also relieved I can start telling people! It was getting harder and harder to keep the secret!

Nicole said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting. I love ultrasounds... seeing that little baby inside makes all the sickness worth it and certainly makes it seem more real, especially in the beginning when you don't look pregnant yet or feel the baby move. It's such a miracle, isn't it??! I hope you feel better soon. Morning sickness (or in my case all-day-sickness) is just no fun!!

Mark said...

Hooray!!! We are so happy for you! Baby Hufford we can't wait to meet you!

Breezy Weekes said...

Congrats...I'm guessing girl too, because of that morning sickness, my little Amelie made me so sick, but it was gone by about 17 weeks. Get all the rest you can now, I know everybody says that, but their not lying!