Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our Visit With Chuck

Catching up....So it's been awhile since I've posted to the blog and we have had a TON of stuff going on lately so now I get to catch everyone up. A few weeks ago, we were lucky enough to head to KC for a meeting w/John's work. Ok, technically I don't think he'd consider himself "lucky" to be heading to the particular meeting but I was definitely excited. Anytime he heads to the home office for a meeting, I gladly tag along and take advantage of the opportunity to hang out with my brother and sister and their families (i.e. my adorable nieces and nephew). So, we headed up the night before and after dropping John off at his meeting, I booked it to my sis-in-law Colton's house only to wake them all up from a sleepy night. Lazy Bums!!! In their defense, apparently it was a late night before so they were catching up. Well after patiently waiting for Cora and Kayley to wake up, I got to visit with my Dad for a bit. As coincidence would have it, more of my family was going to be in town due to different errands/schedules. Not only did I get to see my adorable neices and their parents, I got to hang out with my lil bro Quentin and my Dad while they were working on a car. Talk about bringing back memories!!

All in all we had TONS of fun and took a lunch outing to visit our good friend Chuck E. Cheese. Ashlyn has just recently been introduced to the grand mouse and this being her second visit, she was rather anxious to see him again. I was lucky enough to sit next to her crammed in the back of the van. All the way there she was beaming and cheesing over getting to see Chuck again. I'd have to say she was the most excited one in the car. Once we trampled out of the vehicle she was rearin to make her way to the dancing Chuck on the stage. The place was rather dead so it felt like we had our own exclusive reservation. The food was a little better than I remembered (but not much!) What was worth it all was running around with the kiddos and playing all the games. A fun time was had by all. Ashlyn would run and throw her token in a game before we even knew what it did, then she'd get bored with it after two seconds, and me being my frugal self would finish out the games and get our money's worth. Kayley loved riding the horse and even took a turn on the helicopter with me. Cora preferred to just play with a token and Preston was happy with whatever ride we sat him on. It was a great visit to KC and I was plum exhausted for our drive back to Arky. Here are some pics of our fun day!


0 comments: