Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hibachi With The Mishies

John and I have been promising the missionaries we'd take them out to Shogun's for a hibachi style dinner for the past month. And they've definitely been counting down to it. I accidentally got their hopes up when I told them it was scheduled a week earlier than it actually was. But alas, last Monday the big dinner day arrived and they were excited. I was too considering I didn't know we even had a hibachi restaurant in these parts, nor had I been to one in quite a long time.

It was a fun time and I think we loved it as much as they did. Everyone but me dined on some sushi (yuck) and enjoyed the delicious food. Our waiter/chef was very good and put on quite the show. I stuck with my anti-seafood protest and enjoyed a nice dinner of chicken and steak. Of course now, I think I can blame my lack of seafood eating on being pregnant. Granted, I don't think the nurse said NO seafood but I'll pretend like she did. Anyway, we all walked away stuffed and it was well worth the time and moolah when one of the mishies mentioned this was the best dinner he had so far on his entire mission! Yeah....it was definitely worth it if we get that title! Here's a pic of the festivities (not ours...someone else's) I stole the pic from the internet but I swear our flame was just as big as theirs was so I'm pretending like it's ours.

0 comments: