Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Showered In Love

Last Saturday was my baby shower.  Sarah (my sis-in-law) is quite the party-planner and I was a happy benefactor of said party.   Of course she had many helping hands as well - which all came together to pull off one of the best showers I've been to.  I left feeling very "showered" with gifts and baby things but most importantly with love.  

In my single years, I threw many showers...bridal and baby...but never have I enjoyed being the guest of honor at such a wonderful event.  The decorations were beautiful, the food was delicious, and the guests were wonderful.  Little Addison will be very grateful that in one afternoon not only was her wardrobe quadrupled but that it was done in great taste!  I loved everything everyone gifted.  

Especially wonderful was that I was surrounded by tons of people who loved me.  I was floored at how many people were able to come and celebrate.  After all, it was a very busy Saturday afternoon.  In addition to the wonderful friends from my ward, my mother, sisters, grandma, and cousin even journeyed down to enjoy the event.  It was great seeing all of them and their little families and spending the weekend relaxing with them.  However, Shara, my cousin, wins the award for traveling the farthest.  She lives in Hawaii...I guess technically she didn't come all the way here JUST for me...but I like to pretend she did anyway.  It was great seeing everyone and enjoying each other's company.  Below are a few pictures (stolen from Sarah's blog) of the big event...

Ashlyn, my niece (also known as my little shadow) was quite the helper when it came time to open presents.  



Beautiful fruit salad.  One of many delicious treats we enjoyed munching on.

The adorable "Addi-Bell" tree that Sarah created.   Adorned with pacifiers, teethers, and hair bows.



The beautiful (and delicious!) rubber ducky cake.  Along with the very fitting table top decoration.  A momma duck and her baby.

For those who want to check out more pics feel free to read Sarah's blog here.  And thanks again for all the help from everyone (Sarah, Michelle, Cassie, My Mom, Mama Jean, Dana etc.)  And of course thanks to everyone who was able to come.  It was a very great day full of greats.....great food, great friends, and great fun!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Sorry we missed it! Prepare to be showered with more love soon (as soon as I finish your present).

Lisa R said...

You totally deserved that beautiful shower!!!

Sarah said...

You deserved every bit of it ya sweet little mama. Love you!