Wednesday, April 22, 2009

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

Just in case you are wondering, no I'm not talking about whiskers on kittens and bright colored mittens.  I'm talking about the wonders of pregnancy cravings!  I've seemed to have quite a few random ones so I'm curious as to how everyone else compares.  Check out what I've been pining over for the last 9 months...

Cheese sticks!  Of the Sonic variety of course.  Granted this was a craving in the early months of my pregnancy.  What was once an obsessive love has now turned to utter distaste...only after I consumed copious amounts during my first trimester of course.  It doesn't help that we have a Sonic literally 100 feet from our house either.  Sadly, I'm afraid they may know me by name now.  :(

Olive Garden!!  Now don't get me wrong, I've eaten at Olive Garden before - and it never placed in my top 3 choices for dinner.  However, I'll have to thank Dana personally for this newfound love.  She may seem innocent but I'm convinced she's out to get me as fat as possible!  Otherwise, why would she recommend the most fattening dish on the menu on our latest girl's night out?  Sigh....Chicken Carbonara - I happily obliged once I read the menu description.  Noodles.  Cream Sauce.  Breaded Chicken.  Three of my favorite foods.  It was love at first bite.  I've since returned only once to eat it again.  I'm sure there will be many more reunions in my near future.

Tangy Taffy!  Okay, technically I've loved this long before I was ever pregnant.  It's just now I have excuses to buy and eat them!  And no, I don't just get one - I could easily consume the above four in say....an hour??  And since they are found on rare occasions one must stock up they find them!  Hint: Only served at certain gas stations.  If you are curious as to which ones - hit me up I'll draw you a map with stars.  Yum!


Cheap-O Choc-O Donuts!  The cheap waxy kind only of course.  Hands down this is my all-time favorite.  It's currently ranked at the top of my list.  Yes, I have a half eaten bag sitting next to me as I type this.  And it's only half eaten because I'm learning to pace myself.  My first encounter was the whole bag and as a result I went to bed feeling slightly nauseous that night.  John has been a good sport and ventured out at midnight to get me these before.  I won't mention that I consumed the bag with a large Sprite as well...that would be embarassing eh?  

And lastly, Taco Bell.  Paying homage to my old family name.  I've been known to scarf down their taco salads.  I never was a huge fan of this salad before but it easily climbs to the top of the list when I'm thinking of something good to eat.  I've been known to leave the house just for a Taco Bell run, simply to return back home with my bounty.  Why oh why do I fall in love with the one "salad" that isn't that healthy anyway?  

So lets hear it fellow blog-people...I'm curious as to what cravings you've had and how they compare.  After all the cravings and pregnancy weight gain I'd like to convince myself I'm giving birth to a 30 lb baby but I'm beginning to think that may not be such a good idea as labor seems to be getting closer and closer.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Nothing cool for me. I was always ALWAYS hungry, and everything always sounded awful. I cried and cried. So, so, soo hungry.

I recall going on a cheese danish kick. I would eat a whole pan of them. I remember Garry going out to find me some at 1 in the morning once.

Raw broccoli and cauliflower, every day. I craved that during both pregnancies. Interestingly enough, both of my babies are BIG broccoli fans.

With Rach, I suddenly couldn't stand peanut butter and chocolate together. I would get barfy when I tried to eat Reese's peanut butter cups. It was very sad, and very weird. It took a few months after giving birth to her before I liked them again. Weird.

Those are the ones that come to mind. I'll let you know if any others pop into my brain.

Maren said...

I, like many others, was low on iron and therefore could not stop eating ice. I would crunch it up at every opportunity. The SECOND I give birth to the baby, the very thought of biting ice sends chills up my spine. So wierd. I know there must be other more calorific cravings I had because I put on some serious poundage, but I can't remember anymore....could I be sleep deprived?

Jamison Family said...

Cheese skicks - check.
Olive Garden - check.
Taco Bell - check check.
I once ate 15 oranges in one day. Scott kept me sane by telling me I had to have the craving for more than 24 hours before I went to a restaurant to get something. Otherwise I just made things at home like the giant bag of cheese sticks from Wal-mart. Not as good as Sonic but better than nothing. I cried myself to sleep one night wanting a bacon cheese burger from Sonic. Scott has NEVER, not one time gone to get me a food craving. The Sonic is only 3 miles away - he will never live that story down!

Colton Anne said...

My cravings just included anything dessert-like. I couldn't eat a meal or a snack for that matter without wanting to finish it off with a dessert-like food (not necessarily chocolate either)..just something sweet. But I couldn't touch anything italian (red-saucey) food with a ten foot pole...even pizza (one of my fav dishes) would make me quease at times! But I could eat it the minute both my girls were born. But, I still want a dessert-like item after my meals...so I'm not sure if that was the pregnancy craving or just my cravings! :) Oh...and can you say chips and salsa from Chilis...yummm!! Definitely my biggest craving during Kayley!

Melinda said...

No bake cookies and homemade bread sticks. I couldn't get enough of either.