Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Somedays...Actually Most Days!

Please tell me I'm not the only one out there who doesn't feel the wonderment and bliss-fulness of being pregnant??  Especially at this stage in the game.  Where are those women who go on and on about the luxurious feeling of pregnancy?  More often than not I feel like the following:


I think whoever made this Stretch Armstrong doll left out one important feature....STRETCH MARKS!!  Some ladies out there are lucky enough to never experience these....I know who some of you are (thanks to my never ending poll taking) and I'm not thinking fondly of you right now!   To answer your question, yes, I bought into all the hype of the daily application of lotion.  I've never done something so religiously in my life!  However, apparently I'm one of the few percentages out there that are cursed with bad genes and will get them no matter what I do to fight back.  Most nights I feel like I'm about to burst at the seams from all the tightness.  I literally sit and stare at my belly wondering how on earth it could possibly stretch even more in my last 1 1/2 months.  I shudder to think how many more stretch marks await me in the near future.  They aren't pretty and sadly they are permanent. :( 


The famous bow-legged cowboy.  I've got the bow legs...now all I need is a cowboy hat, some chaps, and some boots.  I think someone failed to mention to me how one's hips begin separating as delivery gets closer.  I feel like an old woman when I stand up and hobble until I can get my joints working like normal again.  All I can say is OUCH!  How much worse will it get?  And I've long since given up on the luxury of bending over to do anything.


I'm reluctantly letting go of the idea that I'll get any more sleep before (or after) the baby comes.  At least once the baby is here, even if I get only 15 minutes, those minutes can be spent dozing on my stomach instead of my side!  I miss not getting the luxury of rolling over.  Funny how you take things for granted until they disappear altogether!  I've seen some pretty interesting infomercials in the wee hours of the morning.

For those who have been pregnant before......I apologize for never taking your pain seriously.  I've learned my lesson and now that I'm experiencing it first-hand, will never doubt another pregnant woman again...for as long as I live.....ever....I promise.

I'm sure more aches and pains await me...especially the finale of labor.  Despite all the war wounds and ailments that accompany pregnancy, I'm sure it's all worth it once you hold the little one in your arms.  At least that's what they tell me!  ;-)  

12 comments:

mshaw said...

Not to burst your bubble, but I am 1 month post delivery and I don't enjoy sleeping on my stomach because my milk machines (if you know what I mean) are too full. Good Luck with everything. May you have a quick and uncomplicated delivery. Girls are great but I don't mind the change to blue these days!

Lisa R said...

I am feeling the same way today!!! I was just checked to see how dilated I am, one of the uncomfortable things to add on top of everything else! I guess in perspective, you are only pregnant for a short time of your life....

Melissa said...

LOL. I am rolling laughing. It reminds me the pros and cons of getting pregnant again. I am in that stage of should I do it again. Thank you for the humor.

Melinda said...

Hey, I have stretch marks all over my body - all there before I had a baby. Bleh.

Things will be good - and you will sleep better. The pains will be so much less (oh how my hips hurt at night!)

Sarah said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane...that doubled as birth control for me :)

That Addison Bell will make it all worth it :)

Heath & Ege said...

haha...Bless you girl! I'm so sorry it doesn't sound like much fun at all! I always wondered what it will be like..thanks for giving me a glimpse! :) haha I hope the last home stretch will get better for you..or atleast go by fast if anything!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Litterally feeling your pain here! I too have been blessed with those fabulous genes of stretch marks- the baby makes everything worth it, and it's nice in a yer when the purple is out of the stretch marks and they are white. Then you will have the fun of saggy boobs- I miss my perky days! I always though I shrunk after nursing each baby- I realized I just got saggier, so it seemed like the ladies were smaller. Nope, they just hang a little closer to my belly button- nice picture in your mind huh!!!! You look fab for only have in afew weeks left though- I would never guess you were uncomfortable- you look great!!

Deleen said...

This is why men and childless women get dirty looks when they say they know it's hard. I was bending down to pick something up yesterday and realized I was doing a plie squat.

Jamison Family said...

I have thought of tatooing the names of the each child on their corresponding strech marks - so they can always be reminded of what I did for them! Yes, you will sleep better (and longer). And it just feels so good to lay the baby down and walk into another room! I always remember how terrible I feel during those last weeks but strangely I still want to have another baby like a week after I give birth - what is wrong with me?!

*****Read: No Cry Sleep Solution*****

Shannon said...

Hahahaha! You poor thing...I do feel your pain on the stretch marks issue though-NOT COOL! You are hystrical, you put it so good!

Kristal said...

You are so funny! I can totally relate to everything and yes I too like so many others have stretch marks, but they do get lighter...probably right before you decide to have another one! (haha) My hips starting hurting at the end of the first trimester! I always thought it was b/c I put on sooooo much weight(with all the Dr. Pepper I was drinking)but my hips started hurting at the same time with the second pregnancy and I hadn't gained any weight. Whoever said that you forget the pains of pregnancy and child birth....lied! You are a very cute pregnant lady!

Colton Anne said...

I think it's funny to read all these comments!! :) What we poor women go through to birth our precious ones and then the men get scared to have a vasectomy!! If only they knew... No, but my Mom used to always say to scare people, "do you want to see my stretch marks!?" Jessica now says the same thing to her kids. Also, when you do have your sweet Addison...make every opportunity to put her in the nursery with the nurses to sleep when you can. I know it's tempting to want to hold her and have her by your side the whole night, but you will greatly miss your sleep! That's easier said than done too, especially with the first one. I had to have Nick walk with me to take Kayley to the nursery...and Cora too, but I'm a sissy when it comes to those things!