Monday, March 30, 2009

A Happy Birthday Indeed!

Getting older gets much easier now that I'm married. Especially for the fact that I get so pampered on my birthday each year by John. This year was no different. Each year John and I keep mum on the actual plans for each other's birthdays. Not only is this exciting as you are always guaranteed many surprises, but there is always an element of worry each year as you wonder....do they remember it's my birthday?? The answer is Yes, John always remembers all on his very own and always has great plans.

This year, I spent the day shopping for baby cribs while John was at work. THANKFULLY, we finally decided and bought one so that is one less worry as we prepare for our little Addison. All throughout the day John stayed his tricky self, dropping hints about "special birthday errands" here and there. He definitely knows how to drive me crazy! I love surprises but I hate surprises! The whole element of not knowing can send me into fits!

My only instructions from John were that we needed to leave for dinner at 5:30 and to "wear something nice". Clueless, I did just as I was told and off we were headed to Fayetteville to enjoy a nice relaxing dinner at Bordino's. I have never heard of this place and it definitely was fancy. Prior to our arrival, John had flowers ordered and at our table awaiting us. We have a running joke about me and flowers from when we were dating. But I'm very glad he didn't listen to the random musings of the old me. I love getting flowers! We enjoyed a delicous dinner. Usually I'm not a fan of "fancy fru fru" food but this was definitely the best I've had. After dinner we stopped off and got some frozen custard (my latest pregnancy craving) and headed back home. Once we were home I was presented with my wonderful gifts... All of them MUCH needed at this stage in my pregnancy. First, I got a "Mother To Be" spa package. I can hardly wait to use it! Two blissful hours of them working out all the knots and muscle spasms in my back....ahhhh. And then he so thoughtfully got me two sleeping pillows to aid in my fight for sleep each night. We then enjoyed some DELICIOUS cake and relaxed the rest of the evening. Needless to say it was a GREAT Birthday and I got plenty of wonderful sleep that night...finally!! :D

The two of us on our way out the door for our dinner.


The roses that awaited us at our dinner table


And a random shot of me at 33 weeks!


6 comments:

Sheri said...

Aww, happy birthday you cute cute cute pregnant Shannon! Thanks for the pictures too, I love seeing your cute self.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Happy birthday!! What a great and relaxing time- I am incredibley jealous of your great night of sleep!! Have I told you how much I love your baby's name?! So cute!!

De Anne said...

Happy Birthday! I too love your baby's name :)

Melinda said...

You are now further than I was when I had Raina! I am enjoying your updates and reading all the fun things you are doing.

Howe's in Arkansas said...

Congratulations on the Birthday presents!!!! I had a pregnancy massage with the twins... HEAVEN!!!!!!!! He gets BIG points for that one. You'll be smiling for days... :-) Happy Birthday, by the way

Colton Anne said...

Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like a fun and relaxing birthday!