Monday, March 30, 2009

COMO Here I Come!!

For those unfamiliar, "COMO" actually stands for Columbia, Missouri. It was my stomping ground for 7 years before I met John and moved to Arky. So, everytime I go back, I find lots of friends (and family) to catch up with. The reason for my trip this last time was two-fold. To get my car repaired and to visit with friends/family. My brother Quentin works for a Honda dealership and as a result, "knows a guy" who does routine maintenance for great prices. So, I ventured off on the 5 hour drive all by my lonesome...it was a very eventful few days.

When I first arrived in COMO, I swapped cars with Quentin and headed off to a lunch date with my old co-workers. Sadly I forgot pictures but I did enjoy lunch and catching up with Tracy, Kim, Joy, GaLinda, and Emily. It was great to see all of them and hear the latest happenings about my old job. It's always different walking through my old work and seeing familiar faces and not actually going to work! Different...but still very nice!

Well little did I know, after my lunch date, what would be awaiting me!! I noticed I had missed 13 calls within an hour time frame! Frantically, I was worried and finally got ahold of John just to have him tell me that Quentin had wrecked my car and was trying to get ahold of me! Yikes! I quickly called Quentin and went straight to his work to hear the story and see the damage. Luckily it wasn't bad, just a fender bender while he was out grabbing some lunch. He felt sooo bad and was already having his work repair my bumper while simultaneously resolving the repairs with the guy he hit. Sadly, it effected his bank account more than it did my sanity. I felt so bad for him I didn't want to make it any worse by giving him grief. Instead I just headed to his & Natalie's house to catch a nap and visit with my old friend Wanda.

Later that evening, after Quentin & Natalie got home, we enjoyed dinner at Murry's. We all joked about the car accident and kept giving Quentin grief. Luckily he joined in and poked fun at himself to help relieve the stress. Afterwards we headed back to their place and enjoyed a nice relaxing evening of visiting and eating Natalie's Rice Krispy Treats. Quentin is right, she makes a mean rice krispy treat! We quickly realized this after eating almost the entire pan in one sitting!

The next morning I was on my own and took some time wandering around my old stomping grounds and bringing back memories. I met up with Quentin and swapped vehicles back since my was just finished getting repaired. Then I headed off to meet with my old girlfriends Karra, Lisa, Aliisa, and Wanda. We ate lunch at Shakespeare's (my request since I missed their declious pizza so much). We had a great visit and caught up on old memories and latest happenings. These girls are great friends and thankfully we still keep in touch amidst our distance. In my COMO days, we even had a long running "girls night" every Monday where we enjoyed watching The Bachelor and analyzing the show and gabbing. They are very diligently continuing in the tradition despite my absence. This makes me proud considering I think I was the creator of said girls night! Here's a pic of us enjoying our lunch reunion. Sadly, this is the only picture I remembered to take from my whole time in COMO!!

Lisa, Karra, Me, Aliisa, and Wanda

0 comments: