Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Walking Along Waikiki

This post is dedicated to our wonderful hotel, Hilton Prince Kuhio which was only located a block from the beautiful Waikiki beach. For those who already knew, we spent at least a year saving credit card points just so we could have the luxury of enjoying this hotel free for a whole week. Knowing we weren't paying a thing (except for the valet that was required) made the hotel stay 10x better than normal. We got to enjoy a room on the 30th floor with a beautiful view of the beach front. Plus, free continental breakfast every morning and hot appetizers every evening. Yes, most of the days we made this our breakfast and our dinner. I'm sure they knew us by name after our visit was complete.

Here is a view from our balcony. John and I had to force ourselves to enjoy it. Typically I'm not afraid of heights but it's crazy how your mind can freak you out when you are so high up, with only a thin wrought iron gate holding you back from sudden death. It's a little blurry but here is our view from the 30th floor looking out at Waikiki.


Here we are on our first night of our trip enjoying the famous Waikiki Beach. Most of the time it was packed with the masses but it was still fun to walk up/down and enjoy the beautiful scenery and weather. We spent some time shopping/bartering in the little straw shops along the coast as well.


We even enjoyed swimming in Waikiki with the masses. John got adventurous and decided to try surfing after he tested his skills on the boogie board. He paid to rent the surf board and decided against paying the ridiculous price for a private lesson. However, seems like after it was all said and done....that may have been the missing link. He never was able to get up on the board but he definitely exhausted himself trying. I even gave it a go, pregnant belly and all, he held it for me while I flopped and flailed my little belly and myself. I'm sure I provided quite the entertainment for the onlookers but I finally got on the board!! Woohoo!

All in all, we enjoyed our hotel stay and the beach and spent most of our time relaxing. I even got spoiled with the valet parking at the hotel. There's nothing like sending teenagers after the car when you are ready for your daily departure. Ah....what it must be like to be rich!

0 comments: