Sunday, March 8, 2009

Whoa 30 Weeks!!

So, it's official.  And no one can be more shocked than me.  Somewhere along the way, without me knowing it, I flew right by my wonderful 2nd trimester and landed in my 3rd.  It wasn't the softest landing either mind you.  It was more like a hard rough landing.....right on my large, awkward, belly.  I swear literally overnight, I woke up the most awkward, huge bellied woman, you've ever seen.  And not only did I look it, I felt it.  Aches and pains everywhere.  I've lost the ability to bend over, tie my shoes, get out of bed or off the couch without John giving me the extra push (literally), and rolling over in bed can be an all night process that leaves me winded and wide awake when finished.  

So what do I do when I'm not moaning, grunting, or wincing in pain you ask?  Well, in those rare times, I sit and get nervous about impending motherhood.  A few things that have crossed my mind....  Picking a name for this child that will last her all of her LIFE!! (No pressure right?), realizing I'll soon be birthing a little human that will follow me around for the rest of my LIFE!!  And the responsibilities in all of this seem a tinge daunting.  However, I do notice my worries wash away the minute I spend time with someone else's cute little human being that has already been birthed.  Sometimes I think I over worry and don't relish in the fact that our baby WILL be adorable (she has no other choice) and her personality will be cute and hilarious (taking after me of course ;).  When I realize these things....I have no fear.  Granted this could all change immediately before labor begins....who knows.  Either way we are very anxious to meet her.  I'm anxious to poke her in the belly a time or two for payback ;-).

Here I am in my current state.  The picture was taken today and I am 30 weeks.  Black is known to be a "slimming" color which is why I chose it...however I don't think it is working.  10 more weeks to go!!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

You're such a cute pregnant lady! Hurrah for 30 weeks. I totally know what you mean about rolling over in bed at night. It takes many tries and lots of "OOOF! OOF! OOOOOOF!"s.

Ah, the joys of pregnancy. I'm so glad it's you and not me.

Deleen said...

Awww... it's like its not even real - like you stuffed a pillow up your shirt.

Jamison Family said...

You look so cute! About the name thing - we didn't find out the sex of our children until they were born, we also didn't even discuss names until they were born. Hiram didn't have a name for 3 days, Olivia was 12 days and Bailey was nearly 2 months! We just wanted to find "their" name. The downside to our method is that we have to pay $20 for the privilege of naming our children after we leave the hospital!

Colton Anne said...

Look how cute you still look! :) I hope you are letting John wait on you hand and foot cause it doesn't get to happen very often! Oh...and slip on shoes are the best! I'm not pregnant now, but it still is not fun to bend over and tie your shoes...so I slip them on and bring on the sandals and the warm weather! :)