Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's The Final Countdown!


Technically this picture was taken back when I was 33 weeks pregnant I think.  I am now nearing the end of my 36th week.  I don't have any pictures of me now because frankly it's embarrassing to think I may have to take two shots and put them side-by-side just to adequately fit in all of my girth.  Sometimes, I like to convince myself it's "all baby" but honestly I'm beginning to think the weight is moving into my nose.  I swear it's getting bigger by the day....I'm worried it's about to take over my whole face.  Surely this disappears after labor right?  

So, thanks to my little ticker on the right side of my blog, I am reminded daily of how much time is left before little Addison arrives.  Each day I go through a mix of emotions....excitement at finally getting to meet her and worry about the pain labor will bring with it.   Regardless of my worries, labor and birth and all the other stuff that comes with it is inevitable.   I'm not a wimp, my body is made to do this, she has to come out regardless, I'll survive, lesser people have done it - these are all my mantras.  More than anything I'm amazed at the miracle of reproduction and realizing that in 24 days our lives will change forever for the better!  Wish me luck!! :D 

9 comments:

Jamison Family said...

I know you will make it - and it is so worth it. Please try to get some sleep. I mean really just stop trying to do anything else and just sleep. You can thank me later!

Maren said...

I second that....sleep sleep sleep! Build up a huge reserve. You'll be so glad.

And you are going to do great! We can't wait to meet the little miss.

Sheri said...

Good luck! That last month is hard. Okay, the whole darn thing is hard.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Nope, your nose looks great! The last little bit is so hard- swollen everything, and just feeling so big. You're almost there though!!

De Anne said...

I know you feel huge, but I didn't realize you were 8 months pregnant. You just don't look that far along.

I too remember the excitement before my Addy arrived. You'll love it!

Howe's in Arkansas said...

My nose was literally the size of my entire face with both of my pregnancies!!!! I feel your pain. It's kind of nice to look in the mirror a few weeks after delivery & see your own face looking back at you again... But you look great!!!!!!!! Let the countdown begin!

Amber Marie Smith-Pikey said...

hey girl! i hope you're doing well! i know that this is the worst time of pregnancy! everyone says get plenty of sleep and that's true but good luck. i couldn't sleep the last 3 weeks! i was so miserable! and i am a big whiny baby and i survived a horrible labor/emergency csection so i have tons of faith in you! now he's two months old and smiling and since i work in a gym i'm almost back in shape again and ready to have another one...in a year or so! hehehe love you!

Breezy Weekes said...

Oh how exciting...the countdown..agh I remember those last days..my ankles and feet were so swollen..and my belly didn't seem like it could get any bigger!! At the Dr. appts I wouldn't even look at my weight ;)
You will do fine...it was alot easier than I expected, and staying relax and calm as much as possible is key. Limit your visitors while you're in labor, and can be too distracting, don't get meds too early(if you intend on getting any) if you can stand it..and just enjoy the moment it's amazing!

Unknown said...

Wow, Shannon! Congratulations! I found your blog from Sheri's. And a girl! How exciting. I could use a girl around here. I hope it all goes well!