Thursday, May 14, 2009

Still Counting...

Welp, I'm still holding out with the hope of delivering this little girl sometime by/before my due date - which happens to be THIS Sunday.  But my hope is dwindling fast.  She seems to be a patient (or maybe stubborn) child and seems content hanging out in my belly a bit longer.  Although, one sure couldn't tell seeing as sometimes I'm convinced she's trying to stand up in there and stretch her legs.  I keep trying to convince her it's more comfortable out here and that Mommy and Daddy REALLY want to meet her and play with her - but so far no luck.  :(  We do have a Dr. Appt this Monday so we'll see if we've made any major cervix changes by then.  We may resort to some type of extra coaxing once we hit 41 weeks.  I just keep telling myself - you can't be pregnant forever right?  Surely not.  I keep trying to take advantage of the down time by getting every last thing in order before she comes but I'm running out of stuff to do - then what do I do with my time?  So, in the meantime....3 days and counting.  ::crossing fingers::

6 comments:

Familia Morales said...

You'll make it Shannon!

Sheri said...

You're doing great! The last bit is so hard, you really DO feel like pregnancy is eternal.

I went 9 days overdue on my first, and then I was induced. Hopefully it isn't a genetic thing.

Chelsea said...

The end is the worst! But it will be worth it in the end! :-) We can not wait to see pictures of her!

Jamison Family said...

Hang in there! It's worth it. We are praying everything goes well for you :)

Nicole said...

I'm smiling... I remember doing the same thing from about 38 weeks on... rubbing my tummy and talking sweetly to the baby saying all kinds of things to make them think it would be much more comfortable on the outside. =) Can't wait to hear about her arrival!

Colton Anne said...

Good luck on your Dr. apt tomorrow! We're anxious to hear the results...Kayley keeps asking me if Baby Addison is still in your belly or not.