Friday, May 29, 2009

Welcome Home Addison!

Well the day finally came! I was convinced it wouldn't but sure enough we evicted lil miss Addibell yesterday, May 28, 2009. And after seeing just how adorable and precious she is I quickly forgave her for staying in my belly longer than she should have. She was born at 8:15 pm and weighed 8 lbs 8 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. Surprisingly she didn't take too long to join us. We headed to the hospital at 9:30 am for our induction and got things moving right along by 11:30 am. We made just a little headway from 11:30 to 7:00 pm, then I was ready and willing to get the epidural. Once I got that and had them break my water, I went from a 4 to a 9 1/2 in 1 hour. Even the epidural couldn't numb all the pressure that I went through.....it was one long hour! But I was thrilled to know that we were that much closer to meeting our little girl finally. 45 minutes of pushing and she had arrived. It was such a surreal feeling to finally have them place her on my stomach. John and I definitely got caught up in the emotions of being first-time parents. We are just so in love with her and can't stop staring, holding, squeezing, and kissing her. Luckily the "Hufford DNA" didn't dominate and she did manage to get a few of my features as well. She has my nose (aka the famous "Bell nose") and definitely has John's abundance of hair - just like he had when he was a little baby. John even joked after she was born that it's so long we are going to give her a permanent on our way home. She is a darling bundle of joy and has passed all of her testing and screenings with flying colors - a HUGE relief for me! We are all running on adrenaline at this point but wouldn't have it any other way. She was worth all the lack of sleep we endured. We are anxious to get to spend the rest of our lives as her parents.

My sister-in-law Sarah was our wonderful doula for our birth. Not only did she give us great instruction on pain management and all the little reassurances to calm our fears, and answer our questions, she also made us a beautiful video of Addison's first moments. She is a great photographer and definitely shows her skills in the below video. Enjoy!


21 comments:

De Anne said...

Congratulations! I'm so impressed that less than 24 hours from birth you have blogged it! You are amazing.

Robbie and Shay said...

Beautiful baby, beautiful video - and a husband that rubs feet during labor - SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!! We love you!

JanEllenSanders said...

Congrats! I have been wondering when she would come! I love the video pictures.....makes me want to have another one. There is nothing like a brand new baby...heals that heart and soul. Wish we were there to hold her!

Melinda said...

So happy that everything is going well. Congrats!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Congrats guys- I was thinking of you all day yesterday! It's so true, every night you lay awake, uncomfortable, in pain- it's all worth it once they put the sweet baby in your arms!!

Sarah said...

So proud of both of you...you were amazing and should be so proud of your strength and hard work to bring Addison here. She is a beauty. Already I love her.

Familia Morales said...

Congratulations! She is a beautiful little girl!

Jamison Family said...

I totally cried watching the video! So cute. She looks just like you Shannon. John looks so happy. Enjoy some sleepless nights, just remember how much you love this little girl!

Kristal said...

Oh my gosh how amazing! I love the video, (it alsmost made me cry)so many wonderful pictures. I loved the last one with the hands it's such a special picture. Congratulations again she's so beautiful!

Sheri said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations to you guys!

Lisa R said...

I am so overjoyed for you and your family. The video was so precious and reminded me of what a miracle these babies are. She is gorgeous as was expected!!! Enjoy your sweet blessing.

Courtney said...

Congratulaions, John and Shannon. She is so beautiful and so sweet. I'm so happy for you! I loved the video. I can't wait to meet her!

Colton Anne said...

So cute...I just want to squish her! I can't tell you enough about how much I want to come squeeze and kiss her cute little cheeks! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

What's up with the Walkers! said...

Wow! You guys finally did it, and she is adorable. We loved the video, how precious all of you are! We can't wait to meet her, it may be hard to hold us back until July! Love all of you, especially Addibell:)

Carol-living in the South Plains of TX said...

Natalie shared the link with me a few weeks ago and I have been eagerly watching for Addison's arrival. Congratulations! What a wonderful adventure and opportunity!

Nicole said...

Beautiful pictures... what a neat video for Sarah to do for you. Congratulations!

Heath & Ege said...

Yay!! Glad Addison finally arrived! Congrats! The video was beautiful!!

Shannon said...

As I sit here crying watching that video, i am so happy for you guys but angry that you made me cry! :) She is BEAUTIFUL!Congratulations! I have been waiting and chcking and then I go a few days w/o and I missed it! I am glad everything went well. Congrats again on such a beautiful little blessing!

Jill Leckbee said...

Congratulations!! I am glad that you and Addison are doing well. Babies bring so much joy. I loved your video, it brings back lots of memories. Good luck adjusting to motherhood, you will be great!!

Cari said...

Congrats! She is beautiful just like her mommy. Now the fun really begins. Enjoy every moment you can while she is so little and so precious. It won't last long.

Unknown said...

Way to go, Shannon! And John, too! Such a gorgeous baby!