Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ignoring The Obvious

In light of the recent events (that have yet to happen)....for my sake, and yours, I will not be discussing the fact that I'm still "You know what" in this blog post.  Aside from acknowledging that oh so wonderful little "ticker" in the right hand column.  Did you know that once it gets to ZERO it starts counting back up?  Now how's THAT supposed to make me feel on top of everything else?  Sigh...anyway....as promised...


I choose to blog today on everything BUT the obvious (still protruding) belly.  Such as....my daily events for the past few days.  Riveting as they are I'm sure you'll all be jealous of my natural talent of watching time just tick by on it's very own.  

SUNDAY: the day Addison was supposed to have her birthday.  I went to church and defiantly challenged Mother Nature....turns out she won.  Darn!  So instead, we headed home afterwards and had a nice relaxing evening.  Still nothing.

MONDAY: the day of our weekly Dr. Appt.  I was just thrilled to have more information on the lack of events.  We requested an induction for the following week, got an extra ultra sound to check on our lil one - she was resting quite comfortably and everything checked out so we aren't evicting her yet.  We had my doctor strip the membranes and left on our merry way.  I spent the rest of the day running random small errands and moving moving moving!!  We've been in a cleaning frenzy the last few days.  Both John and I have caught the nesting bug apparently.  And we dined on yummy pizza and lounged in the silence of the evening.  I experienced a few random contractions but nothing noteworthy.  We took a midnight walk and worked up quite a sweat.  Still nothing.

TUESDAY: I awoke, enjoyed a quick VT visit, and ran a few errands.  Then spent the afternoon at Sarah's and did some nice relaxing bends, lunges, and positive thinking and ended with a brisk walk around the block.  Then headed home for a nap, hung out with John after work, and headed to the movies to see Angels & Demons and stuff our face on popcorn and pop.  While the movie played I entertained fantasies of heading to the hospital after the movie was over.  Still nothing.

WEDNESDAY:  I awoke, went to the bathroom SEVERAL times both in the middle of the night and all day.  Caught up on my DWTS TIVO'd episode.  Folded some laundry.  Finishing up some more yet again last minute tasks, and am getting ready to conquer the kitchen floor.  I plan on practicing my lunges while I scour on my hands/knees.  Wish me luck!  So far...still nothing.

Isn't life just glamorous when one sits around and waits and waits and waits?  So much for not talking about my protruding belly.  I'm convinced maybe I've not been blessed with the gene of actually BIRTHING a baby.  I swear I've seen a show like that on TLC - A woman pregnant for 40 years - granted she lived in a third world country AND she was 80 years old - but still!!  I could be her long lost relative!  ;-)  I'm also convinced this is how Heavenly Father is preparing me for the pains of labor.  Keep yanking the carrot from me in hopes that I'll be willing to go through just about any pains to get her out once she decides it's time.  I think it's working.

But, in all honesty, I can't wait for Addison to choose her own birthday but she should know she will be getting evicted next Thursday at 10:00 am.  Hopefully she hasn't doubled in size by then - for both of our sakes.

6 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

I was so hoping she would be a sweet little thing and come Sunday night!! Good job on the lunges and all other exercises- even if she doesn't ocme out because of those exercises I'm sure you'll feel better knowing your other end is more toned for the doctor!!:)
I am getting impatient as well and keep reminding myself to be patient- but it's not working so well! Good luck Shannon- I promise you won't be pregnant for 40 years, and if you are can I have your autograph?! Stay strong woman!!

Sarah said...

You are doing this little lady! You wait so graciously...with a sweet disposition - when most women would be wigging out and throwing a fit. She is on her way! I can't wait! Can't wait....but I will :) Love you!

Jamison Family said...

1. You are doing great!
2. Isn't having your membranes stripped wonderful!
3. Enduction is not fun - enduction with no meds is the most unfun thing ever, really!

Now we will all just wait - for pictures :)

Maren said...

tick tock tick tock tick tock....this is taking forever! C'mon Addison! Let's get going! We want to see you!

Kristal said...

Four days overdue, you poor girl. I know it's uncomfortable. Hannah was a week late. I looked up that story where that lady was pregnant for 40 years, man that is a freaky story. How did she not know something was in there? Hang in there only a couple more days.

Courtney said...

Hang in there, Shannon. I can't wait to meet her and snuggle her! Good luck!