Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cookie Connections

Addison is quite popular with the locals around here. Obviously her family very much adores her. But now she's making connections with the local businesses as well.

Let me explain...apparently way back when I was pregnant with her I frequented Subway.....uh lot. I don't remember this but the lady that works there does....and she reminds me....uh lot. Hey at least it's better than frequenting McDonald's right? (Ok...maybe they just have a bad memory of my frequent visits there too).

Anyway, everytime we venture out to Subway for lunch, the worker lady coo's and admires her and asks for her latest updates.... how old is she? what is she eating? my she's soooo cute. My baby is such-and-such age....etc etc. I've come to expect this interaction on each of our visits. However, the best part of it all is that she always gives Addison a free cookie. And of course since the cookie is soooo big, Mommy often has to help her eat it. ;-) So we don't mind the constant questioning by any means.

And now her freebie treats are getting even better. She scored a free yogurt the last time. Maybe this lady thinks I don't feed my baby? Even though I had fed her BEFORE we came and even gave her some of my food to snack on (which she just played with anyway) once the free yogurt came out she downed almost all of it. Thanks for making me look like a bad Mom, little Addison....thanks.


Oh and her latest milestone. She is very enamored with herself. Seriously.....she's her number one fan. Anytime she see's her picture on our blog she just stops what she's doing and grins from ear to ear and admires her beauty. She loves looking at herself in the mirror, especially after baths. I've started serenading her with the song "You're so vain.....you probably think this song is about you..." But honestly I can't say that I blame her....she is adorable.

2 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I love that she gets free food...can I tag along with you next time? That is so funny!

Hoffman Family said...

nice! it pays off to have a cute kid!