Saturday, June 5, 2010

Movin' On Up!

She finally got her piece of the pie!

You'll have to pardon the "greased over baby" look.
She's lathered in sunscreen so we could go watch Daddy's softball game.

Addison is finally movin' on up in the world. The week of her birthday we took the huge leap to a forward facing car seat. I think Mommy was more excited about it than she was. Finally I don't have to bend my arm like a pretzel to get a toy/snack to her. She likes watching where we are going but still fusses just as much as she did before. I think she just doesn't care to be buckled in regardless of which direction we do it. She's NEVER been a fan of being held down. She spends most of our drives "hulking out" (aka: grunting and pushing her chest forward) in frustration. Oh well, maybe one day she'll realize that little trick won't be granting her freedom anytime soon.

We've also been up to some fun lately but nothing deserving of it's own post so thus this random post to include it all in:


LAUNDRY DAY:

Helping Mommy with laundry. Actually throwing her INTO the laundry is the most help I've gotten out of her yet. It keeps those chubby little fingers from pulling all my nicely folded laundry to the floor. Her favorite past time.


I
T'S AN OPEN & SHUT CASE REALLY:

Ah the exciting game of opening/shutting the door. This can keep her captivated for hours. This is her stance when she jabbers as she tries to communicate something important. Serious expression. Hand tilted. Mouth running incoherently. Adorable.

And getting a little more excited now. She's hilarious when she does this. Tense look on her face while she's squeezing her hands into fists and grunting and jabbering.

Keep in mind, she only enjoys this door game if I'm nearby and can rescue her when she needs it. She's had a few close on her without me nearby and bursts into tears until I find her. It's so cute but sad at the same time.


PRETTY PINK PIGGIES:


The customary picture. Don't look too close folks, this is as good as it gets for the time being. Note: my polish has smudged and her's has worn off from crawling all over before the picture was taken. Plus, this picture was taken as she was wrestling to get off my lap. It's impossible to hold her still anymore.


CHEESIN' WET BABY:


My very own water baby. There's nothing that I love more than wet squeezy chubby babies. Especially one as cute as this one! Here she is soaped up and cheesin' in the tub during tonight's bath.

I LOVE this picture.. Her pretty blue eyes always seem to "pop" more when she's wet. I think she looks a lot like her cousin Laney in this pic.


And I believe that covers all of our random adventures as of late. I also forgot to mention Addison's milestones on her last birthday post. She has accomplished so much lately that I'm afraid I won't remember them all:
  • She has learned to wave "Hi". She learned this while in the airport on our vacation. She doesn't do the "bendy finger baby wave" she does the adorable adult hand open side-to-side wave. And she LOVES to wave at anything/everything. For some reason she busts into a wave everytime she hears my phone ring. I think its because we had Daddy on speaker phone and she waved to the phone instead of saying "Hi". I'm convinced she's saying "Hi" sometimes when she waves.
  • She also loves to give kisses. We love this just as much! Her kisses are open mouth, sometimes tongue, slobbery ones. She'll randomly lean into your face and plant one right on the mouth and say "mmmmm". She's even learned to do this on command as well. We give her lots of practice since we can't get enough of these slobbery kisses! :D
  • She still loves kids. Loves to watch them play and even plays with them sometimes. She likes to poke at them and touch them too. I guess she's carefully observing this particular species.
  • She loves to poke her finger into peoples lips. It's random I know and I'm still trying to figure out where she gets it from. Maybe impersonating a binky? I dunno. But it's still cute.
  • She isn't walking yet but is sooo close. She's shuffled and taken a few random steps here and there but has yet to take off with it. I'm guessing she's just not interested yet since anytime we try practicing she'll just squat and crawl. She is good at balancing on her own though so I'm sure walking is just around the corner.
  • She LOVES to be outside. Anytime we come inside she bursts into tears. It doesn't matter if it's scorching heat - she wants to be out in it. So much to explore!
  • She loves to pat you. I think she got this one from us too. She's definitely getting into the copycat stage. She'll just randomly start patting your back or arm or whatever is in reach and smiles at you while she does it. It's a "love pat" I'm sure of it!
  • She has learned to blow/hoof her mouth. I've been blowing on her little sore bum for the past few days because it feels better for her. And out of the blue the other day she started doing it too. Partially opening her lips and hoofing just like Mommy. So cute.
  • One of the things I love the MOST about her is that she is happy 95% of the time. Even if you are handing her a toy she's played with a million times before, she smiles and grins at it like it's the coolest brand new toy she's ever seen. She grins at you and then grins at the toy like it's Christmas day. She really does get excited over the littlest mundane things. I hope she keeps that talent for the rest of her life. It's such a good quality to have.

4 comments:

Familia Morales said...

What a sweetheart! She is adorable

She Loves To Make said...

I love those cute pink little toes!
I'm jealous she's in a front facing carseat. I can't WAIT for that day!

Dana said...

That picture in the tub is great! I love when they move to the big carseat, its so differnt to look at them in it. Good memories!

Colton Anne said...

I just love that she has brown hair with blue eyes...but I'm not partial or anything as Kayley is the same way!! :)