Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Man Of The Day


Here is a picture of the "Man of the Day" from this past Sunday and his cute little daughter. We had such a nice and enjoyable Father's Day that I didn't get a chance to blog about it until now.

John is truly what I always imagined when I was wondering what kind of father I could give my future kids. I'm so glad I finally found him. He treats Addison so lovingly and plays with her, listens to her, talks with her, etc. I love just listening to them play/talk together in the other room. I love the way she scurries to her feet when he comes home from work. I love that she loves spending time with him just as much as she spends time with me. I'm a VERY strong believer in the importance of Daddies in their daughters lives. I can't wait to watch her grow up into a beautiful woman while all the while knowing how much her Daddy loves and adores her. Where would we be without this man? I shudder at the thought.

Thanks for being Addison's Daddy and my partner John!

For his special day we got to talk in sacrament! Woohoo! ;-) And of course he got one of his favorite breakfasts (even though we were running around like crazy people before church): English muffin, bacon, fried egg, beautiful garnishes, and orange juice. And yes, being the typical man - he even ate his garnishes! He liked it that much!

Then afterwards we came home from church, Addison gave him her card and gift (an "I love Dad" frame with the above picture. And I gave him my card and gift (a HUGE griddle). Now he can get busy making us more of those delicious signature pancakes (see how I work my magic?). Then we dined on his dinner of choice, Shepherd's pie and watermelon and watched a bit of FIFA. Of course with his special day comes special luxuries such as a personal assistant (aka: me) to wait on him hand and foot. He definitely maximized his usage on this one...down to the very....last...minute...of...the....day. ;-)

So glad to have such a great Daddy and Husband and a beautiful day to share it with him.

0 comments: