Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Harvest Time

(Addison exploring the corn maze)

Hardly similar to the actual farmers and their harvest - we had our own mini-version. I'm guessing ours was a LOT more fun than the real-life harvest.

John found a cute little pumpkin patch near his work one day and we finally got the chance to explore it a week or so ago. We actually picked the perfect Saturday to go and were one of the first to show up - even before they opened! The nice owner let us wander around the corn maze while he waited for his workers to come and run the rest of the festivities. It was cute, quaint, and the perfect size for Addison. We got to do LOTS and we all came home pleasantly exhausted from our fun....especially lil Addibell.

Secretly, I've been wanting to take her on one of these cow/train thingy's for YEARS. Even before I had kids I would think how fun it'd be someday. So glad I finally got to live the dream!
Summary: it was a blast - for her. My knees got lodged between the bucket and each bump we hit. She laughed the whole time she was on it, the more bumps, the more she'd laugh. I love that she is going to be my little "thrill seeker" (Can't wait to ride roller coasters with her soon! :D)



We enjoyed a hay-ride to the actual pumpkin patch and Addison was able to pick her own pumpkin - just her size!


She was even able to drive the fire truck that the nice firemen shared with us. She was pretty exhausted by this point but she was still enjoying herself.

Not shown: The fun little petting zoo of goats and pigs. She didn't take long to warm up to the little goats and I think they liked her just as much. Stinky....but fun! And of course, John got to "live the dream" of shooting corn cobs at a metal target in a field. It was quite a creative idea and came close to his dream of making/shooting a potato gun someday!

All in all, we had a blast at our own little version of "Harvest Time". Can't wait to celebrate Halloween this weekend! If only, I could get Addison to fall in love with her adorable costume as much as I have. T minus four days and counting!

0 comments: