Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Well Trained....Sort Of

For the past week or so I've been observing Addison a bit more. I've been really impressed with her listening skills lately. Sometimes I feel like I say "No No" too much but apparently it's not landing on deaf ears.

The other day she managed to pull the wet wipes off the table and started going through them (her favorite pastime). However, after I said a simple "no no Addison" she not only stopped going through them but also reached, struggled, and pushed to get them right back on the table where she found them. Impressive eh? Yup, I praised her for good listening.

There are two drawers that I really wish she wouldn't get into. Her hair bow drawer and her special keepsakes drawer in her bedroom. I feel like I try to "allow" her to explore all other cupboards well enough that I can say no to these two. She listens....for the most part. For example, anytime I am nearby she points to the exact drawer, looks at me and says "no no". Very cute and observant eh? Granted, the times I'm not around her she just goes full force and manages to dump and scatter everything on the floor. At least I'm getting through to her somewhat. I guess I should be reassured that she really does try her hardest to obey but also definitely has the exploring gene any 17 month old would have.

And on a completely random thought, we were able to hang out again this past week, just the two of us and we had a blast....sort of.

In an effort to get out and have more fun I decided to take Addison to Jump Zone w/cousins. It didn't go as well as I thought. For all she knew, I could have taken her to the torture chamber. Because, basically that is what it was for her. Lesson learned: Don't take an 18 month old to a place where they can't stand up and explore on their own. She hated about 98% of the inflatable contraptions we went in.

Proof of her pain. This was an attempt to slide down a super fast slide w/Mommy on a huge inflatable.

Luckily she found some solace in the following two options:

Sesame Street Land. Land of the 5 and under. She quickly found an old friend, Abbey Cadabbey, and actually started enjoying herself.

Next, was the smallest of all inflatables. The blow up rocking horse. Here she is w/cousin Bryce (who seemed to enjoy himself much more at the torture chamber).

----------------------------

Then, this past Saturday we had the opportunity to tour the world w/Rexy at the local library. Poor Dad had to play in a golf tournament and didn't get to enjoy this adventure with us. As it turns out, the tour w/Rexy wasn't really age appropriate for an 18 month old. But we still managed to have fun regardless.


Here she is w/another favorite pastime. She loves to read books. And I thought she looked just adorable sporting her little backpack.

And last but not least, story time w/Jesse the dog. She LOVES "Doh's" (her pronunciation). She got a bit excited when she saw that he was at our story time.

Overall, with a bit of improvisation, we had a great time just Mom & Daughter. Life always seems more exciting when we leave the house!

1 comments:

Chelsea said...

She is getting so big! I love all your adventures.. your such a cute family.