Thursday, November 4, 2010

Baby Mama

I am this baby's mama. But, she is the little baby's mama. And she is a VERY good one at that.

(Just disregard the messy hair - it was a long day.)

She's at the age of baby dolls now. It is soooo fun to see what motherly qualities she has and she's not even 18 months old yet! She loves to carry her baby around, give it kisses, and hold it close to her while she lovingly pats her.

Because she loves her baby so much, I've joined in the festivities. We've adorned her with a new dress (aka Addison's swimsuit), draped the toy necklaces around her, given her rides in the cardboard box (just like Addison), shared her food and bottles, given her a bath when Addison takes hers, and rubbed lotion on after the bath. We even let her take the baby to bed one night until I had to wake up three times just to see her flopping and flailing on the baby doll.


I swear, each phase Addison grows into, I seem to love it more and more. Granted we still have our tantrums, whines, and rough naps but more often than that we have our giggles, our play time, and happy moments. She's growing up into such a little girl and losing all of her baby chunk.

She knows where her nose, eyes, belly, ears, hair, fingers, piggies (toes), teeth are and points to them on command. She jabbers away in her own little language while she turns her hand up and acts like you should know exactly what she is saying. Yes, I've had grocery checkers ask me to interpret as if I know what it all means.

She is learning a lot of words, even though most don't have the ending part, but it's still adorable. I know it's bad to encourage the baby talk but I just love speaking her language with her. I guess if she grows up with a speech delay we can blame it on me ;-)

Just a few words she has learned so far:

"Nack" - Snack
"Bye Bye" - she says this over and over every time we put on her shoes and she waits by the door until it's time. She LOVES to go bye-bye.
"Side" - As in outside or inside. She mostly likes to go outside of course.
"Doh" - Dog. She shouts it each time she hears one bark and gets all excited
"Dad" - Simple as that. No Da-da or Daddy.
"Mom" - Again quite simple. Sometimes I get a "Ma".
"Up" - Usually when she wants on the couch with us but has now decided that every time I ask her to use her words it means to say "Up" even if she wants down, out, in, etc.
"A,B,C,D" - Repeats us as we say the alphabet. Seems to fade about the time we get to "E" though.
"Cat" - Likes to say the word but did NOT care for them when she had her first encounter with a kitten a few weeks ago. A girl after my own heart I suppose. ;-)
"Mil" - Milk. She signs this one well and tries her hardest to say it too.
"Baybeh" - Baby. A favorite of course.
"Ju" - Juice
"Shoe" - Loves to play with them and loves to repeat it over and over while we put them on.
"Sock" - Again loves to repeat it as we get dressed each morning.
"Mou!" - Exclamation included because she gets sooo excited each time she finds him somewhere.
"Go, go, go," - Usually is running full speed with excitement while she says this one.
"Boon" - Balloon. She LOVES them and spots them everywhere. Especially the ones w/"Mou" on them.
"Jumpy jump jump jump jump" - This is from a CD of Gabba that we play in the car. I just noticed her singing it while we were walking around the block yesterday. Adorable.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some so I reserve the right to re-post as they come back to memory!

I just want to say that I'm sooooo grateful that I get the privilege of spending my days with this cute little girly. Yes, some days can be looonnngg but I wouldn't trade it for any other job on earth. She is the best co-worker I've ever had. I'm enjoying the days where I can just be her buddy. Before you know it she'll be a teenager and then I'll have to be the mean Mom!

2 comments:

What's up with the Walkers! said...

I just have to say she really looks like you now...I know you would appreciate knowing that! Kendall and I both agree:) Isn't it crazy how being a mom can be the best thing ever and the worst all at the same time!

Colton Anne said...

She is getting so grown up!! I can't wait to see her!