Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nursery Times

It's official....Addison is indeed growing up. It has been confirmed. She is now a church nursery-goer.

Technically she's still a couple of weeks away from the 18 month mark but we were lucky enough to get a jump start on the transition phase. And frankly, I think Mommy is having a harder time transitioning than she is. I'll admit it, I was the one who chose to sit w/her in nursery the WHOLE time her first Sunday. Even though she seemed perfectly fine. But I've since weaned myself and am doing LOTS better!

I'm so proud of how well she has adjusted. She cries a little when I leave but thankfully is easily sidetracked w/toys and other children. (Secretly, her ability to be easily side-tracked is one of the qualities I L.O.V.E. about her. I use it to my advantage quite often. I'm sure as she gets older I'll enjoy it less and less though). I was terribly shy when I was younger so I'm definitely relieved she isn't as much.

John was able to snap a few pictures of her undetected. Here is an adorable one of her coloring her picture at the table. Am I the only one that just wants to sqquuuueeeezzzzeee her when I see this? Yes folks, she is my first, the little things still excite me. :D


There are so many benefits of having her in nursery. John and I can actually enjoy church again without chasing a toddler around. Addison can learn to socialize w/o her Mommy by her side. She can be entertained much better than we ever could with our diaper bag collection. And she comes home completely tuckered out and ready for a nap! Two thumbs up for nursery!


A Bit Of Randomness:

And just for documentation purposes, Addison has hit the "lovey dovey" stage. We are LOVING it as well. She has learned how to give hugs and kisses. Granted her kisses sometimes involve a booger exchange but I'll gladly take it. Plus, her hugs are nice and long (surprising for an active toddler) and she takes the time to lay her head on you and pat you during the hug. She seems to initiate them a lot just on her own. But is also very obliging when we ask for them too.

Funny Story #1: As we were shopping in Walmart the other day, I kept leaning in for kisses. Each time I'd make a buzzing sound and get louder and louder and then plant one on her. She liked the game at first but quickly got annoyed when I kept on. However, despite her annoyance she still begrudgingly participated as if she had to. You could see the look of frustration on her face as she kept leaning in w/a kiss. I think she even grunted a few times in disgust when I wouldn't stop. I LOVE that she doesn't realize her free agency yet! Mom's way is still the only way apparently! Woot!

Funny Story #2: Again, shopping at Walmart (yes we frequent the store uh.lot). We walked down an aisle and she shouted "MOU!!" in a growly excited voice. I couldn't see exactly where she spotted Mickey Mouse but she is rather good at finding him. Anyway, as we turned down the aisle in the opposite direction, a lady parked her cart right in our way and started looking through a rack. At the exact same time Addison again spotted the mouse and used her excited growly voice to shout "MOU!!!!!" The lady jumped and quickly apologized and moved out of our way. Apparently she thought she was getting scolded by a toddler. It was hilarious but I tried to reassure her as we passed. I won't lie, it kinda scared me a bit too.

2 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

Oh my goodness, she is so darling sitting at the table like such a big girl! I don't know if you know this, but in sacrament meetings Tony is normally exchanging smiles with Addi. She gets so excited--we love it.

Colton Anne said...

That is funny about the Mouse...Cora is that way about Elmo and Nemo and Kayley is that way about Toy Story and Princesses (particularly Ariel too). It's cute what they grow attached too. Oftentimes I find myself getting more excited than they are to find them a toy they would like. And yes, we love Nursery at our house too!! Now it's time for you guys to pop out another one!! :)