Sunday, May 1, 2011

23 Weeks

So, in an effort to make sure each child is treated fairly, (I know, it starts this early eh?) I'm including my first belly shot from pregnancy #2. I'm sure I've had more belly shots w/Addison by this point but you must understand, our Sunday mornings are HECTIC since church usually starts at 9:00 am and one must go early to get a decent seat.

However, due to Addison fighting some nasty croup this past weekend, I had a bit more time to get ready and have a mini-photo shoot. Thankfully Daddy and Addison had a nice time cuddling and watching movies while I was off wrassling other people's kiddos in Primary. So, here is a pic of me in my current state. I'm attempting to nix the current thoughts of "Am I bigger this time around?" "Should I be so big this early?" yadda yadda yadda. So this is me.....enjoying the process....or trying to at least. ;-)

How strange is it that I'm currently 23 weeks along and also have a 23 month old little girl? So exciting!! :D

Oh and as a random sidenote, we managed to have a fun weekend even with a sickly Addison. She woke up Thursday morning barking like a seal and after the doc confirmed croup, we've had her on meds. For the most part she handles it sooooo well. I'd be down for the count, moaning and groaning on my deathbed, with the stuff she just seems to take in stride.

Saturday morning was spent walking the Race for the Cure 5k. It was a nice walk for John and Brad and I and Addison had a nice little nap in the stroller. Then it was lunch with our friends, on to some yard work and playing outside that afternoon, followed by a drive-in movie. We had to break in our new mini-van after all and what better way to do it than have Addison off playing in the back while we watched movies? :D

Poor little sickly girl. She loved lockin' lip around that Root Beer though!Hard to say no to such a cute sad face.

(Oh did I mention I'm now officially a proud owner of a Honda Odyssey? It's my dream vehicle, sad but true. It took a little effort to finagle a deal, along with an impromptu trip to KC to pick it up but I am oh so grateful. I thoroughly enjoy running errands now and enjoy having the extra room while we do it. Yes, I'm one of the few that are proud to join the "Van Club") :D

4 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Yay for the van club! :) Charlie would be in heaven at the drive-in...good idea! These days I recline in the passenger seat and relax while he runs around the van haha. It's awesome!
You look great and I love your dress. 23 weeks with a 23 month old? I love that!

Hoffman Family said...

you are so cute!! I wish I was your friend! j/k

Amy R. said...

Congrats!! You are a mini-van mom now. Weren't we just talking about that?

Colton Anne said...

Hold your head VERY high for the van club...because it's the Honda Odyssey van club!! So it's only the best! The girls are constantly picking out your color of van during our outings and making sure I know it's like Addison's van! They may very well be just as excited as you are to join the club when they get older!!