Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dangerous Times

So, from my previous post about Addison's new-found tantrum phase, it seems like things have taken a turn for the worse! She's getting vicious now and bearing teeth!

Okay, just kidding. We've actually hit a nice little "sweet spot" with the fits. They aren't gone by any means but have diminished greatly and that's good enough for me! I've just learned to give her more opportunities to be my little helper. She LOVES to help and beams so big when I go on and on about how good of a helper girl she is. She helps me with laundry, picking up trash, and even buckling herself in her seat belt/car seat. It's so fun to see how important that is to her and honestly when the next one comes, I'll definitely need her help so why not start training her now right?

She found this binky in her drawer a few days ago and since I've confiscated all her real binkies, she's resorted to this one. And as a sidenote: the binky removal process was SOOOO much easier than I was expecting. She's such a trooper when it comes to huge life adjustments like that. She just fussed a little at nighttime (when she'd usually get her binky) and I just told her "Nope, you are a big girl now - no more binkies!" And then, it was done. How lucky am I?




Cousin Chelsea is now our new neighbor (across the street) so we took some time to make her some cookies for her welcoming gift. Addison loved helping as you can see. Thankfully, "Mittie" (no longer "Mou") got in on the action too and helped out as well. She mostly loved the taste testing after we were done.

And, here is my little birdie on her new little perch. She managed to perch here and watch Sesame Street while I was getting something done. She has turned into such a climber now. I'm finding her on my computer desk, on the table, on the coffee table, you name it. She does pretty good for the most part but now I have to prepare myself for more falls.

2 comments:

Hoffman Family said...

she is such a cutie!

Colton Anne said...

I hear the climbing only gets worse with boys..so look out! Oh..and I'm so glad she is wearing the aapron we made! I think there are lots of handprints that need to be added to that aapron now!