Wednesday, April 20, 2011

SDC Fun x 2

So, needless to say we've been a bit busy lately. My blog is getting neglected....tis a shame. Most of the stuff that has occupied our time has been fun stuff though so no complaints! Now that it has died down somewhat, it's time to blog about it all! :D

On two separate occasions we were lucky enough to jaunt off to SDC (Silver Dollar City, to the late person) for some family fun. The first trip our whole little family went up and met my sister Cass's whole little family (plus Grandma of course) for our first trip of the season. It was a fairly last minute trip but that didn't affect the amount of fun we had while there. My little sister has a little girly that is exactly 6 months older than Addison. And needless to say, they are always the best of friends when we get together. Addison adores her cousins on both sides....especially the cousins of the older, admirable, girl, variety. She loves to be their little buddy and loves especially when they dote on her as well. Here are a few pics of SDC trip #1:


Daddy & Addison getting some tutoring done in the old fashioned school house. She loved the chalk and slate board.
I think Daddy may have been one of those "pesky boys" that stop the "obedient girls" from learning! ;-)

The three amigos: Alexa, Addison, and Grandma. They spent a LOT of time together - just the way we all like it! :D


Mommy and Addison riding the Butterflies (which I later learned are actually Bugs - whoopsie!) Yes, I barely fit, but I promise the spaces were tight!!


Aunt Cassie, Alexa, and Addison on one of Addison's favorites: "Frohs." She loves the jumping up and down....me? not so much.


Addison and the carousel. Not shown: me trying to hold down my lunch as we rotated in circles over and over. I'm rather disappointed in my queasiness post-pregnancies. :(

-------------------------------------------------------

Then, of course, a few weekends after that trip, we met up again with my other sister and her family and brother and his family (plus Grandma again - beginning to see a pattern here? ;-) It was also a lot of fun (just with more cousins) and a lot warmer than our first trip which is why I'm guessing we didn't bring back as many pictures. Apparently we were too busy having fun instead. Trust me, it was a lot of fun and Addison had even more cousins to adore her every movement. A fun time was had by all!

Me, Addison, and cousin Kayley once again riding the "Frohs." What I won't do for my little girly.


A good ole game of ring-around-the-rosies w/the cousins (Cora, Preston, Addison, Kayley, and Ashlyn). This is where we spent our time while waiting for their parents to get off the big/scary parent rides. Can't wait until I'm un-pregnant so I can go back and catch up on all the missed fun!

The kiddos did great on trip #2 as well, even despite all the heat and walking. We also got to see a few shows so we could cool down in some A/C. It was hilarious to see Addison enjoying the "Saloon Show." It was easily her favorite - not sure if that's something I should be proud of? She munched her popcorn, kneeled at the edge of her chair, and clapped her hands to the music while the ladies waved their skirts around and danced....in a most very family appropriate way I promise! I kept asking my sister, Michelle if it was a good thing that not only did we bring all these kiddos to this show, but that they all seemed enthralled with it?? Whoopsie!

0 comments: