Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Fun!

Our Easter was quite fun this year. Addison definitely seemed to catch on more than she did last year. Here are the highlights of our fun (w/captions) for your viewing pleasure!


Here is Daddy helping Addison color eggs. Or maybe it's the other way around? Did I mention she's definitely in the "I want to do it myself" phase? Yes, we color them for tradition but for some reason never eat them afterward....oh well.


Thanks to a garage sale find from a year ago, Addison was able to don this cute little Easter dress. I was deprived as a child and never once got an Easter dress so needless to say I'm making up for lost time! :D Isn't she a cutie? Yes, we have frantic Sunday mornings so the best pic I could think of was while we were waiting for church to start. Thank heavens for iPhones! :D

Here Addison and Mommy are hiding out in the bathroom while we wait for the Easter Bunny to hide her basket. Our Easter Bunny didn't come until that afternoon long after church, food, and a nap. Gotta take advantage of that while they are little right?

She found her loot! Yay! I think she loved the bubbles the most. I'm now convinced our little girl does not enjoy candy (or maybe chocolate)? She would taste each piece of candy, say "Nope!" and hand it off to me. I guess I should enjoy this while it lasts?


And alas, we got to enjoy an Easter feast at Grandma Jean and Grandpa Joe's house. Plus, an improvised Easter Egg Hunt inside their house this year (thank you torrential downpour of rain). Addison LOVED finding the eggs and got so excited when she did. Once she spotted one she'd say "Egg!" in a high-pitched voice and go running to grab it.

And, of course it wouldn't be an Easter holiday without reflecting on the true meaning: Christ's atonement & Resurrection.

Since I taught our primary lesson on Easter, it gave me more time to dwell on the store of the Garden of Gethsemane, the Crucifixion, and the Resurrection of Christ. It was fun trying to explain it all to about 6 four year olds too! Luckily a few actually retained it long enough to answer my question about "What is Easter really about?" Only one girl said "Jesus!" while the others replied..."Bunnies! Candy! Chocolate!" Sigh...oh well. I got a lot out of it at least! ;-)


3 comments:

Tonia said...

She's so cute! Lucky for you she doesn't like candy... Avery has been begging me for jelly beans all week:)

She Loves The Color Pink said...

She's not a fan of chocolate? I wish I was more like Addison :)
I thought your lesson on Sunday was great! It set the mood for my Easter Sunday.

Natalie said...

Man, she looks so grown up in her Easter dress...so cute!