Friday, November 4, 2011

2 Months Old

Happy 2 month's Jonas McKay! Well technically it was this past Tuesday but Mommy was a little under the weather that day (see previous posts). But we celebrated it today and had a great day.

How did we celebrate? By having another of our personal photo shoots of course! This time Addison decided to be my co-photographer. Basically that means she used the toy phone as a camera (apparently it turns into one when you hold it sideways). She kneeled just like me, just next to me, and repeated every little coo'ing word I said to Jonas to get a smile. I couldn't have done it without her help! Maybe that's why I actually got some smiles out of the little man this time. He must have thought the two of us were pretty entertaining to watch.

We sure adore this little guy around these parts. I'm amazed at his ability to get cuter and cuter as each day passes. Is it a good thing that I have a crush on my little boy? Addison and I both agree....."He's Tute!" Daddy even coined a few nicknames for the little guy: Little J McKay and Le Beef (from the movie True Grit), Jonas da Bonus, and Turtle turtle.


This is his "cool dude two thumbs up" pose....but without the thumbs. Or maybe he's pumping himself up to jump in a boxing ring?

And alas, the famous smile! I'm lovin' the sweater vest look. I hope he doesn't hate me later. Sweater vests look great on little guys. Not so much on the grown ones. ;-)

Here he is staring at his favorite sister. He kinda likes her....uh lot!

See what I mean? I just want to eat him up! He's got a cute little personality. He always smiles, without fail, each time I lay him on the changing table in the morning. It could be because he's got a full belly....nah I think it's because of my charming personality. He's definitely a fun little guy to hang out with. And Addison and I are the lucky ones since we get to do it all day/everyday. :D So glad to have you in our family Jonas McKay!

And as usual, here are the milestones/accomplishments the little guy has managed in his two months of being on this earth...

  • Burps (he's getting MUCH better at this and we love it)
  • Poops (He usually does this every other day but I always get excited when he fills a diaper. I'd much rather have it outside of him than inside of him.)
  • Smiles (As I've mentioned before - I'm a big fan of his gorgeous smile)
  • Waves his hands around for no good reason
  • Kicks his feet
  • Loves to watch the ceiling fan
  • Loves to cuddle with his sister (or lets his sister cuddle on him...all she wants..which is a lot)
  • Is a really happy and easy baby - I'm a lucky mom. I got this one twice in a row!
  • Sleeps great. Only wakes up once (5:00ish am) to eat and goes right back down.
  • Growing! He's a long little boy! We've already graduated to the 3-6 month clothes just because the 0-3 turned into high-waters on him.
And alas, the measurements...

Head: 17.5 cm (97%)
Length: 25 1/2" (97%)
Weight: 12 lbs 3 1/2 oz
(50%)

4 comments:

Natalie said...

So cute! I guess I will tell Quentin not to wear his sweater vest when you visit (just kidding).

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Oh he is too cute!

Meg + Taylor said...

He's so adorable, in a boyish/manly way of course ;) Makes me sad I didn't get to hold the little man.

Colton Anne said...

I am a HUGE fan of the sweater vests on boys too!! Very handsome he is!! :)