Friday, March 2, 2012

Flattery & Gratitude

It may seem like I talk about Addison and her tantrums quite frequently. However, I'd like to document that for every tantrum she throws, she has about 20 more acts of being kind or sweet. If/when she ever looks through these posts as she gets older, I want her to know just how much I enjoyed her kind, sweet, heart.

Her new favorite thing is to shower me in compliments. It's also MY new favorite thing! ;-) It's usually while I'm getting ready or curling my hair or putting on make-up, or even getting out of the shower (THAT has gotta make a Momma feel good eh?) Just today she mentioned....."Mommy, you have pretty eyes" "Mommy, I like your sunglasses" "Mommy, you look like a princess!" "Mommy, I like your dress!" It always makes me feel good to hear the compliments coming from such an adorable little girly.

And also, she's on the kick to thank me for everything. I hope this is a life long thing. I even told her how much I liked hearing her say "Thanks" and how it makes me feel good. So, of course, she has started doing it even more since then! No complaints here! Often I'm told "Mommy, thank you for driving down the road" "Mommy, thank you for making dinner" "Mommy, thank you for my snacks!" I forget just how many things she is thankful for but I could happily listen to that all day long.

She's also Jonas' number one fan. So much so, that I have to prop her by him while I feed him his nightly rice cereal just so he'll stop being cranky and smile at her and eat. It works every.single.time. She loves to get him laughing and giggling and usually does it by giving herself the giggles first. Hearing them laugh with each other is easily one of my favorites as well. Her brother adores her and rarely looks at her without smiling from ear to ear. They are now getting to the phase where they will giggle at each other while they are riding in their car seats down the road. And THAT is music to my ears....much better than the crying that has plagued us before.

So, Addison thank you for being such a good girl and great big sister. I realize you are exploring the land of independence and learning along the way (as am I) but regardless, we are lucky to have you in our family and wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

What a sweetie she is! I love her little compliments.