Tuesday, June 26, 2012

9 Months Old

Coincidentally, Jonas turned the big "9 Months Old" during a very busy time in our lives.  I was heading to Girls Camp, John was flying solo as a single parent, and we were heading out on our Utah Vacation immediately after.  It only makes sense that I did not remember to get a single shot of Jonas at 9 months.  So, after perusing my pictures, here are a few that were taken around that time.  Hopefully quantity makes up for quality right?  Of course, who am I kidding, anytime this little cutie is in a picture it's ALWAYS a quality shot.  

Happy 9 Months Old Jonas Brutus Beef!!

He's turning into SUCH a little boy.

Who LOVES his corn.

And LOVES his baths.

And enjoys "melting me like buttah" with this adorable smile.

And LOVES to splash.  Seriously, it's like he has to do so many billion splashes each time he hits the water.  So to meet his quota, he splashes non-stop like a crazy boy until it's time to get out.  He's hilarious.

I can't go on enough about this cute little guy.  Each day gets more and more fun to watch him grow up and develop his little (BIG) personality.  He's such an easy going kid and a joy to have in our family.  Rarely does he ever get upset and rarely does he ever NOT smile at his sister.  He loves her and I love seeing it.   They are the best of friends.  


He still has no teeth and has no desire to crawl.  Maybe this means he'll be a laid back little boy all his life.  Or maybe it means he's a smart little guy who has learned how to manipulate everyone to wait on him hand and foot.  Yup, guilty as charged.  How do you expect me to resist hmmmm?  Of course, maybe it's because he is incapable of bending at the waist thanks to his Daddy and all those moments of "core training" / balancing the little monkey by his feet.  Regardless of the reason, I'm convinced he's going to go straight to walking and bypass crawling all together.  He's already started showing interest in pulling up on couches and tables and balancing.  


He's a heavy boy.  We didn't get stats or a doctor's appointment this time around but lets just say he's Heeeeaaaaavvvvvyyy.  As in probably around 23 lbs I'm guessing?  I keep telling him it's time to start learning to walk so my arms don't have to keep breaking by carrying him everywhere.  And we've long since left the infant carrier behind.....both combined are past my weight limit.  


He's turning into such a little boy and it's fun to see him get older and older and grow up.  He's nearing the age where he can keep up with his sister and I can't wait to watch them play together.  


I'm so beyond thankful that I get to be the Mom to such a cute little guy and that I get to spend my days watching him grow up.  I fear the day I have to actually scold him.  How will I be able to stand my ground against such a cute little face?  Of course, I had the same worries about Addison and we managed just fine.


Can't imagine life without you little Jonas McKay.  And I can't imagine life before you came along....even though it was only 9 short months ago.

4 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Jonas is adorable. I hope he keeps his dark hair and eyes his whole life!

Familia Morales said...

He's such a handsome little man! Good luck scolding that sweet thing...someday. ;)

Jean Fields said...

What a little doll he is!!! It really does seem like only yesterday that he was born. However, a 23 pound newborn would be quite the accomplishment! Love that little Jonas!

Meg + Taylor said...

I just love looking at all of your pictures! Your kids are truly adorable Shannon. And I can't believe Jonas is so big already! Where does the time go?! Miss you guys. And if you ever take a trip to California you better let me know!