Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The New Do

This post is for my cousin Jared.  Who won't get off my back about updating the blog.  And apparently is dying to hear about my haircut.  Time to silence the little pest.  ;-)


So, a few weeks ago, I gave in in a weak moment.  I had plans to go to Girls Camp (another post for later) and decided that I was in desperate need of a haircut.  After squeezing me into an appointment, my beloved stylist made it happen.  I had secretly decided to do something bold.  I've always been a bit on the conservative and safe side.  After googling a few short hair pictures I asked John his opinion on what he liked.  He didn't have much to say about any of it but of course he had no clue I was talking about which one do you like on MY head?  


So, while he flew out on a day business trip, I went to my hair appointment and CHOPPED it all off.  As in 7+ inches.  I was nervous and excited and scared.  But, after all, it's just hair right?  My hair stylist fixed it all cute (like they always do) and I was pleased with it.  


But then I woke up.  And regretted it.  I have no skills with fixing hair and I missed my long hair and my pony tail.  I don't think I'll ever be able to master a round brush and blow dryer simultaneously in this lifetime.  I had never had it this short in my life.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't shed any tears over it or lose any sleep but I definitely miss my long hair.  At least now I can say I know what I look like with short hair.  I doubt I'll go this short again but I can say I've done it.


I miss my pony tail.  I wonder what kind of concoction I can mix up to speed up hair growth?


This was when it looked cute after my stylist fixed it.  I wonder how much she charges to come over every morning.

3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I know what you mean about not being able to do the round brush and blow dryer at the same time! I still think your hair is super cute :)

Jean Fields said...

I love your new do - but then again I loved your old do too. Guess what I'm trying to say is I just love you!

Jared said...

Finally! I really like it. We need to catch up. Call me when you can find some time for me.