Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Snow Days

I could start and end this post by saying....

We've had a LOT.

The end.

But, as you know, I'm rather verbose and I choose to share more of this misery with you.  In case it needs to be said...I'm NOT a fan of snow.  Never have been really.  It's magical only when there is a little bit and it's around or before Christmas.  Other than that....not impressed.  And this year was VERY snowy.  I've also learned that this part of the country does NOT invest in snow removal equipment.  I'm guessing we have maybe one snow plow to share with Bentonville?  At least that's what it felt like when it came to removing all the white stuff as it blanketed us over and over and over and over and over again.  Catch my drift?  (pun intended ;)  

Daddy did build some pretty amazing forts.  The kids practically lived in them for days on end.  He even had it set up with an iPad for movies.
Taking a peek inside the cool fort.  Happy and snuggly kiddos.
As a stay-at-home Mom with three kids age 4 and younger...I need my preschool days.  Not only do I need them, but Addison needs them.  She and I are a lot alike.  We like routine, we like staying busy, and we like getting out of the house.  However, thanks to all the snow days we received this season we had quite a bit of indoor bonding.  Even Daddy got to stay home a couple of days as well since the roads were COVERED in it.  Oh, it was fun in the beginning...being all stuck inside and warm and cozy and cuddly.  But it was the multiple consecutive days that I started to lose my mind with.  Luckily, I brave quite a bit of snow when it comes to getting out of the house.  And once we did leave the house we had quite a bit of the city to ourselves.  That part I did enjoy.  But not having preschool....and still having to PAY for preschool....was not fun.  Luckily, they took pity on us and gave us two "make-up" days for preschool which doesn't usually happen folks.  But then again, we did have about 12 total snow days and that doesn't happen either.  The public schools actually had to make up a snow day on Saturday, that's how bad it got.  
Brooklyn and I huddling together for warmth.  She loves being nakey and I like it too.  She's so much fun to squeeze on when she is.

And now, I'm SO over the snow.  I'm ready for spring weather.  Ready to get out of the house and open the windows and get the fresh air circulating again.  However, anytime I think we've finally hit spring....it snows again...it's getting ready to do so tomorrow as we speak.  I'm DONE with the snow!  It doesn't help that with the staying indoors we all seem to share each others sickies.  We take turns getting sick, then we take turns breathing on each other, then we take turns visiting the doctor for antibiotics, and then we take turns not sleeping at night because we can't breathe through our noses.  Okay, the latter was mostly Jonas and Addison but when they don't sleep, this Mama doesn't sleep and we are so over it.  

Luckily, I think we are on the cusp of brighter days ahead.  I'm looking forward to not having to haul big ole puffy coats for each child each time we leave the house.  I'm looking forward to not having to fold a mountain of socks on every laundry day.  I'm looking forward to letting the kids run around the backyard and burn some energy instead of running in circles around me inside the house.  You name it, I'm looking forward to it.  Just PLEASE stop snowing.  The end.
  
Seeking alternate sources of entertainment.  Addison walking Jonas around in Brooklyn's "Jenny Jump-Up" like a little dog.  
Another source of entertainment.  My three babies in a box.  Who am I kidding...that's fun EVERY day of the week.  ;) 

1 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Seriously, what the heck?! I move to Utah and Arkansas gets a "Utah winter" and we have a mild winter. Sorry but I think Heavenly Father was blessing me with this winter so I wasn't missing Arkansas too much ;)
Yay for spring!!!!