Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What's In A Name?

Around these parts, we are pretty good at giving each other little nicknames.  I guess it starts from birth and just grows from there.  As a result even Addison and Jonas are born with the ability to coin names for everyone as well.  This is just to document the many names Addison and Jonas have coined and used many a time....

Jonas I think wins the award for the MOST nicknames.  Especially considering his real name is Daddy's nickname from growing up.  John was always called Jonas throughout the years and since he was adamant that we not name a child after him....Jonas was the closest we could do.  It's a unique name and I'm loving it more and more everyday.  I have to admit it did take me awhile to get used to it in the beginning since I wasn't too familiar with it.  Now, I can't imagine any other name for this boy.  Especially since he's a SPITTING image of his father in looks and actions.  He's also known by the following...

Bonus
Le Beef - A reference for his Hufford "beefiness" and coined from the movie True Grit.

Donas (Addison coined that one when she used to try and say his name when she was younger.  For the longest time her preschool teachers thought she had a brother named "Donuts". ;)

Caveman - Daddy coined this one.  Obviously it's due to Jonas' caveman tendencies.  He's a pretty basic and simple dude.  Eat, make messes, wrestle, sleep...that's his daily routine.

Joanie - I personally find this one adorable.  Addison made it all up on her own and he doesn't seem to mind.  She always calls him this when she's being super sweet and helpful to him and giving him lots of love and attention.  Maybe that's also another reason why I love it so?  We've all joined in on using this one as well.

MegaMind - Mommy picked this one out.  We were watching the movie once and I decided that Jonas' big noggin bore some resemblance to the Megamind character so thus it was.

Minion - This is a new one.  Again, we were watching a movie and I started to notice the little yellow minion characters kind of talk like Jonas...just a bunch of mumbo jumbo and no one can ever understand what they are saying.  Totally him.  He jabbers quite frequently like we understand him and we usually have no clue what he's talking about.



Addison has many names as well...  

Addibell - Her cousins mostly call her this because we had her nicknamed before she was ever born.  John always called me "Shannabell" when we were dating since my last name was Bell.  So, when Addison was named, we gave her the middle name of Bell as well.  So now, her cousins (and grandparents on John's side) all call her Addibell.  I think it's most fun to hear Bryce call her that with his little accent.  I think he's convinced that is her real name.

Addibellagio - This was one from Daddy.  Again, a spin off of her first and middle names.

Addie - Grandma and Grandpa Fields use this one for her most often.  She has a friend (her same age) that is named Addison as well and so as not to confuse the two, I call her friend Addie and call Addison by her full name.  I'm curious if she's going to want to go by Addie growing up?

Ahhhson - This is one Jonas made up.  Again, because he can't pronounce her actual name.  It's hilarious to hear him call for her in his deep manly voice using this name.



Brooklyn is quickly joining the ranks of having just as many nicknames as well.  A few of hers are....

Brook A Lynn - Said over and over in a fast and high pitched voice.  Daddy started this one (he claims ;) but we all like it.  Mostly, because she always laughs or smiles when she hears it.

Booken - I think Jonas started this one and I fell in love with it.  He calls her something similar since he can't pronounce her real name and I just thought it was cute.  I probably call her this the most now and am almost paranoid that she's going to only answer to it from now on.

Bwooken - This is probably most similar to how Jonas calls Brooklyn...or at least tries to.  Luckily she answers to any/all variations just as long as it's someone giving her some attention.  She is a third child ya know!  ;)

Brookles - Daddy made this one up and he is primarily the one that uses it.

Brookletony - Again a Daddy nickname and yes she turns her head when he calls her.  Maybe she'll start thinking this is her actual name?  ;)

Broccoli - Again, our creative Daddy at work.  Regular names are just so boring.  

So, just a record of all the cute little names we've added to our collection over the years. I reserve the right to come back and add more as I remember them of course.  

1 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

So fun to read this! I need to document what the boys call each other. I know it will eventually be forgotten!