Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm Lovin' It!

And no, I don't mean McDonald's. What I do mean is that I LOVE hanging out with Addison everyday. I'll admit there were a few snags in the beginning that made this "first-time" mom thing a bit difficult. Most of them were self-induced ;-) But the more I spend time with her and the more I see her adorable personality I just LOVE that I get to stay home and play with her all day. I think my biggest lesson I've learned is that there is no such thing as a perfect baby (even though Addison is VERY close to being perfect). We did go through a week long fussy cycle and I was wondering where my perfect little angel disappeared to. But luckily it didn't last long and she's back to her mellow laid-back self. Every once in awhile we still struggle with a daytime nap here or there but as the doctor said today....that would be a great problem to have considering she sleeps ALL night long. She went 7 hours straight last night without food. I managed to not worry as much this time and I only checked on her once to make sure she was okay. But before long my chest was achin' it was so full of milk. I was so tempted to wake her just to get some relief but I held off and pushed through the pain. She really is such a great baby and I feel so lucky to be her Mom. Especially now that she is recognizing me and the way she looks into my eyes and seems to have complete trust in me. We have so much fun during the day. She actually does better on the days we go out on the town than if we stay at home so now I'm going to make a point to get her out of the house. This way we will both keep our sanity and realize that there is life outside our front door.

Last week was a blast for both of us. The first part of the week we were visited by Aunt Cassie and her little girl Alexa. She is only 7 months older than Addison so I'm sure they will be great friends. Alexa was very intrigued with her little cousin and couldn't stop looking at her all the time. We spent our first day together just laying around (what we do best!) and then our second day together we headed out and ran some errands and walked around the mall for a bit. Poor Alexa was teething pretty bad so they ended up cutting their trip short. We enjoyed the little time we did get to play with them and look forward to our next visit together. Thanks Cass & Alexa for coming to visit us!!

Aunt Cassie & Cousin Alexa

Then right after they went home we got another visit from "Aunt Jenny", a good family friend that came up from Texas to visit us here in Arky. We enjoyed our lunch dates with her and even threw in a barbecue and illegal fireworks for good measure. Addison loved meeting Aunt Jenny. Hopefully on her next visit she'll be able to play a bit more. Thanks for coming to visit us Jenny! Glad we could steal you away for a few mintues from your actual family that you came to visit. :D

She likes her new "Aunt Jenny"

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Cutest girl! So glad I got to meet her finally. Hope we can do it again soon!